• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

multiboard textwrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
In my map that I’m building I want to use a multiboard to give the player a description of something in the game.

In most cases this description will be a short paragraph.

Initially I put the entire description into a multiboard slot, and the part of the description that would have gone off the screen, text wrapped back onto the multiboard.
This would have worked for me, but it only did a few lines of text wrapping, and the rest was lost.

When I tried doing small parts it didn’t do any text wrapping at all.

The only way I was able to think of to get around my issue is using sub strings. I would have to chop up my description to the size of one slot in the multiboard. Going slowly through the entire description and place each line into the multiboard separately.

Does anyone know of any better way of doing what I want to accomplish, or will I be stuck with this?

(I'm doing this in jass, and i know a decent amount of jass. So if your idea is in jass, I'll most likely understand it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.