• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Multiboard - Icon Maximum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Hi!

I've got a problem with my new multiboard. It's properly working for any number of players or combination of the slot positioning of them.
But when I'm activating a part of the trigger that adds some icons to the multiboard, the multiboard will not be shown if there are 4 or more players included to the board.
So when this part is activated there would be used 16 Icons for each player (for 4 players = 64).

Is there a maximum of icons for a multiboard?

Greetings from Germany,

Tzi:grin:

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
To update each player separately won't work cause this are the final scores that will be shown at the end of the map.

This multiboard is still shown for each player by "GetLocalPlayer..." cause each player got his own different information.

The problem with JASS code is that I've got nearly no knowledge about it^^

So when you are telling me that I'm hitting the op limit, do you mean the limit of the rows and columns or the limit of calculation? (I hope it's understandable, I'm a german fool xD)

Cause I've read all multiboard tutorials again for this and downloaded and looked many multiboard-systems.
This system is nearly as like as mine made and the maker used some waits in his code. Might this prevent some bugs that are important for my board and where would these waits be placed correctly?
If I'm writing stupid stuff just tell me^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No the op limit is the number of opperations that a thread can execute "immediatly" without needing a break. Exceeding the op limit terminates the execution thread.

The op limit has nothing to do with multiboard size. The problem though is the BJs that the GUI multiboard actions use do a lot of needless itteration thus wasting opperations so if you update a large number of them at once it is possible you will hit the limit.

Run the update system in a separate thread for each player. This will make sue that op limit is not the problem.

Reactions: Tzi

Tzi

Tzi

Level 4
Thx that was it. I just splitted the multiboard trigger for each player-column to 10 triggers and it's working.

+Rep:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.