• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mount System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there possible to make a Mount system. I talking about that, when you begin to cast a abbility, you mount something ike bear, or wolf, or pig, or night elf.. what ever. So is it possible, because i think, somewhere i seen something like that.

Level 5
Is there possible to make a Mount system. I talking about that, when you begin to cast a abbility, you mount something ike bear, or wolf, or pig, or night elf.. what ever. So is it possible, because i think, somewhere i seen something like that.

Yes. If you have a different unit with a different model, use the Illidan version of metamorphosis, because it has no time limit, and if you click it again, you change back. Just be sure to set the stat modifiers to 0.

This also involves copying and pasting your original hero unit in the object editor and increasing the Movement - Movement Speed as well as the Art - Model File (to the mounted version of the hero).

There are numerous unit / mount alternates, such as Priestess of the Moon, Huntress, Death Knight, Archmage, etc, as well as models on Hive that have the respective hero mounted or dismounted.

If you wanted them to be able to mount ANYTHING, you could do this with a trigger that turns them into a flying unit (so that you could raise their height), then attach an animal model to their origin, if it was modified to be lower. It might not look good, however.

Level 3
Remember to make the morph permanent.

Also, if the mount system is travelling based and not combat oriented you could disable attacks for the unit or use it to entirely change the attack type of the unit.

Level 5
Remember to make the morph permanent.

Also, if the mount system is travelling based and not combat oriented you could disable attacks for the unit or use it to entirely change the attack type of the unit.

That's true, which is the advantage to using the first system I suggested. The morph permanence will be guaranteed, however, if he uses the Illidan version of the metamorphosis spell (as I suggested below).

A better way of doing it, where you don't need multiple models: make a seperate unit for the mount, give it the locust ability, make sure it's collision size is 0. When the unit casts the ability, raise its flying height so it can be just above the mount, create the mount under it and make a trigger which runs every 0.03 seconds moving the mount to the position of the unit.

Level 11
You can also use thinkers 4th ability. It is already perminant.
And if you want a mount sistem for units, use night elf hipogriph rider. Just edit a bit betvean witch units will "fuze".
(NOTE: This was probably already sed, but was too lazy to read it all :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.