• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Morphing Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello Guys, I wanted to know what was the easiest way to create a were-wolf hero that would transform according to day/night Cycle and would become incontrollable yet would remain the player's property.
The thing raises several problems :

1- How to determine the day/night cycle and duration

2 - A transformation that occurs at night and stay until day

3 - The same transformation that renders the unit incontrollable by its owner as if it were in a berserk form...

4 - The transformed units Strength , Agility are based on the former unit Strength, Agility x 1.5, so that the stronger the hero is, the stronger the transformed unit is, as it doesn't have levels.

Ps: The ability doesn't have levels and doesn't need to be learned, as it is a passive ability, so it can potentially be done by unit replacement triggers ....

Let me know If you have Ideas on how to optimize this.

Level 11
Just use the demonhunters metamorphose or do it like werewolf transylvania and replace the hero and adjust the hero level. There is a time event i think you can use that when it becomes night and day :) Making him uncontrolable is possible through the ward ability but you need to trigger his berserk then so its better to let the player control^^

Level 3
I can't seem to find a way to ''shorten'' the night periods without shortening the day periods :s ...
And for the other parts, i don't even know if it's better to create a Hero-based Creature or a unit based creature for the transformation ...

Level 13
1. You need 2 triggers:

First: Event: Time - Game time becomes 6 o'clock (day starts)
Second: Event: Time - Game time becomes 18 o'clock (night starts)

That is how you detect the day night circle.

2. To transform use the "chaos" ability.
You modify the base ability and set normal unit to the standart form and alternate to the werewolf form.
When it becomes night you add the ability via trigger and when it becomes day you remove it. That will (in case of a hero) replace the unit with another but (if I am not wrong) keep attributs and so on. Just try it.
(you might need to add / remove attributes via trigger if you want it to get bonus attributes)

3. The easiest way would be to add "locust" via trigger (you can't do it with gui you need jass for that. I don't have the custom code atm but I am sure you can find it somewhere)
Otherwise you can just give control to a neutral player (e.g. player 12) or use complicated trigger system to make units ingore orders.

Level 14
I would use
  • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions
      • (In-game time of day) Less than or equal to 6.00
      • (In-game time of day) Greater than or equal to 18.00
as a boolean to see whether or not it's night time.

I don't think Chaos is the best way to transform because
One problem of Chaos is that it adds the morphed unit's current armor, damage, health and mana bonus received from items, auras and srength, agility, intelligence to the stats of the resulting unit. That means it's not a very good idea to morph heroes using chaos until Blizzard fixes those bugs. Ordinary units can't be affected by items and hero stats, so the only problem are buffs received from auras. Those buffs can easily be removed before the conversion and are automatically added again afterwards so that's not a real issue.
(From this guide)

Level 3
Hum .. Gonna try and see if I can make this work..
Other Ideas people ? Need as much help as I can get ... Thx :)

Level 3
Hey, I just wanted to say I found a map on the internet where somebody posted a map to answer this question.

THIS MAP IS NOT MY WORK.
THE CREDIT GOES TO ''gonecase'' who uses JASS i think.

I post it here WITHOUT his approval, But since it was on a public forum, and a 4 year old post, I think he wouldn't mind as long as credit is given to him.
Here goes...

It helped me pretty much and I hope it does the same for you.

PS : I still haven't Figured Out a way to render the unit ... ''Berserk'' as in does not listen to your commands, but still owned by you.

Attachments

• NightShift.w3x
    14.7 KB · Views: 69
Level 13
Axarion speaks true. You will need to program in trigger responses to actions on the Berserked unit. (I.E. When to use abilities and where to move.)

Otherwise you can give the transformation unit the Ward classification and give it rally so it can't be controlled with smart moves. Or LastOrder from Rising Dusk.

Level 3
I have A bigger issue... Guys, I tried to Incorporate the JASS codes from the map I downloaded ( Read above posts in thread), I can't seem to make it work on my map ... Is there something I Have to change ? It works fine on the original map .. But my hero doesn't change into another form when I implant the code on MY map .... HELP ?!

Level 3
Well I tried copying/pasting the same hero that's in the other map .. doesn't work .. so this is not the issue ...

Status
Not open for further replies.