• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mods & Loadscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hi

i got a custom loadscreen for my map artillery fight. if i import the picture and add it to loadscreen it works with no problems but if i add it to a mod, mod being uploaded and depencies are correct it doesn't work. All other pictures inside the mod work well, just the loadscreen is not displayed.
do i have to import the loadscreen always to the map?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hmmm, well I guess a load screen is not too bad in a map.

The idea of a mod is to prevent data redundency by grouping commonly reusable resources so that many maps can use them. A load screen generally is not very resuable unless you keep it common for all versions of a map.

How I would strucutre a map is with 2 or more mods.
1 mod if the map is a series to hold common series specific data and imports (this may get updated to ballence the map).
1 or more mods containing imported content that everyone can use (custom models, icons sounds etc). These mods should be public generally to be the most useful.

Ofcourse, ultimatly how you structure it is entrily up to you.

Level 9
i am using the mod to reduce the file size of the map, because my upload here is so damn slow that everything above a certain size always cause a gateway down error.
I already tried with faster upload speed and then no gateway down error occours.
So i am able to update my map from here regulary and don't have to beg for using someone else's fast internet.
The loadscreen dds format and with comprehension is still 600 kb which is to much for my upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.