• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modern House Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I realize this is a repost, but my old thread was derailed by spammers and has been reported for deletion, so please disregard it. I would appreciate it if people kept this thread on topic.

So I've been working on a sequel to the popular "Night of the Dead II" and I'd like to include some sort of modernized neighbourhood on the terrain. The only problem is that most of the testers think that the normal house doodads (the ones built into the editor) that I've used look too old or too colourful, so I was wondering if anyone can either reskin them for me to make them look more modern (more grey/generic colour scheme for the sides, darker roofs, better looking windows) or link me to a skin/model that looks better. I've already looked through the resources on Hive and Wc3C and haven't found anything that wasn't too big or too old looking. I'm basically just looking for a reskin of the generic house doodads that look a little better, as the default ones look weird because of the coloured roofs and odd colour scheme on the sides.

I offer cookies (figuratively), +rep, credits. I'd also be happy to send a few bucks over Paypal for your time. I apologize if this is not allowed, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to reward the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.