• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Model request]Human Mage riding a Griffon/Hippogryph/Pegasus we. flyer suitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
How originally wanted it to look alike, is this human unit in Spellforce 2:
Ingame ss:
yCYANXS.png

Concept:
DnBH71e.jpg

However since that would be too much work,
Alternatively: Actually able to stick an human wizard riding atop a gryphon should be sufficient.
There i can think about stick the one mage i have attached with this mount: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rev=search=griffon%20rider&r=20&d=list&page=2

EDIT: Hey wait a minute, i dont need any of this, what i need is a druid of the talon riding a griffon, then i can apply the wonderful wizard skin by 67chrome to the druid and call it done. Obviously youll have to remove the druid's crowform, glue them properly and so on...

The idea is to give humans their own aerial unit instead a 'lend&lease' wildhammer dwarven griffon-rider. I want human flyer to be different than others as being a double purpose caster proficient in the ways of arcane. (feedback passive, spells: polymorph and one more)

As for the custom lore would behind:
Only the most accomplished mages proficient in the ways of the mind can muster the strongest of will to enforce their bidding upon a creature of the sky without spending further effort to form a bond with it.
Such powerful magicians spend their lives dwelling afar from their brethren, of whom they tend to view as 'of an lesser and weak mind', and often seek shelter in recluse before 'petty mortal squabbles' of them.
Their residing place is an majestic tower-library, wherein they spend a life-time occupied with preserving and guarding over humankind's past and present arcane knowledge, all the while further honing their spellcraft.
When time of battle has arrived and the situation have escalated into requesting their presence, they can be seen flying high above the battlefield, lending their proficiency of the mind sphere in form of spells to ground troops from afar, through the same arcane methods used to ride those 'enslaved'(more like enforced) mounts.

Attachments

• SWSMageGandalf.mdx
    128 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 29
Seems i have to bump with:
EDIT: Hey wait a minute, i dont need any of this, what i need is a druid of the talon riding a griffon, then i can apply the wizard skin by 67chrome to the druid and call it done. Obviously youll have to remove the druid's crowform, glue them properly so the cape doesnt clip through, and so on...
Care to do this simple merge anyone ? Riderless gryphon is linked at original post, druid already in the editor. Zzz

Status
Not open for further replies.