• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Model Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Guy,i desperately need a fence or wall like model in my map but,i found out all the model in hives are only 1 variation and all of them are horizontal,is there a way to rotate the model without using war3 model editor?they are build by worker so cannot use the set building to false method
And how do i use other variation of multiple variation included Model such as universalFarm?

Level 14
Why cant you simply rotate it in model editor? It would be so much easier than some work around, e.g. root ability or replace unit, or others, which all have their downsides.

for the variations, I think in this case, it uses different animations. So if you want it to be permanent, you may use an alternate animation tag in the object editor (e.g. adding Gold there will always try t display a units Stand Gold Animation instead of Stand),
or, you use the trigger action Set Unit Animation. you find it in the Animation tab and you have to enter the name of that particular animation, you are interested in.

Level 3
for the variations, I think in this case, it uses different animations. So if you want it to be permanent, you may use an alternate animation tag in the object editor (e.g. adding Gold there will always try t display a units Stand Gold Animation instead of Stand),
or, you use the trigger action Set Unit Animation. you find it in the Animation tab and you have to enter the name of that particular animation, you are interested in.
Thx mate it help,i manage to change the Variation by input the correct animation names

Why cant you simply rotate it in model editor? It would be so much easier than some work around, e.g. root ability or replace unit, or others, which all have their downsides.
by solving variations problem i solved this one as well,again,big thx mate

Status
Not open for further replies.