• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Misty Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Heya =D

Haven't terrained much lately, so thought I would do a High-res, my second high-res, actually. I have also used some doodads from UTM =)

It's a misty night, showing a forest and a little farm house. I have tested black and grey fog, which one do you think fits best?
Obviously it's an early WIP, but I spend quite some time on it, getting the misty effects and background right.

Tell me everything you think, C and C ftw =)

Attachments

• MistyNightblack.jpg
    MistyNightblack.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 276
  • MistyNightgrey.jpg
    MistyNightgrey.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 242
Level 4
The problem is that when you scale eerie fog doodads to be really large it just fucks up the particles and makes them look really weird.

Level 15
Thanks for feedback. About the mist, well, I don't know how I could fix it better, really. Lexandritte, you can't scale them up, it does turn into particles and fuck up. And spamming them just looks like white light =/

Personally I kind of like the look of the mist, even if it isn't that real. Btw, I used an Dome thingy in the background to get the fog right, don't know if I should keep the sky?
And I will work a bit more on the environment for next update, thanks :)

Level 10
The mist may not look realistic, but it does look good. More like the mist coming off of water in the morning than land.
Because of that, though, I think the first terrain is better.
Needs more weeds though, to give it an eerie feeling.
I'd recommend the Sunken Ruins shrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.