• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Midnight Glade - Terrain rewiew wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi there!
This is a terrain for a type of hero arena i am working on called "Midnight Glade". I would love to get some feedback on the terrain.
Thanks in advance! (don't mind the loading screen)

Attachments

• Midnight Glade Terrain.w3x
    11.1 MB · Views: 106
- the green roottile doenst fit with the black thorny roots
- Paths to boring, no Terrainvariation
- strange wallbushes
- obliskspam at the bossplaces ( i think rotation would help here too)
- startingplaces and streets are "ok" but i think another tilevariation would help
- Terrain too defined, no roots would grow like that^^
- shells and starfish in a dark creepy forest.. öhm.. not

Level 26
- the green roottile doenst fit with the black thorny roots
- Paths to boring, no Terrainvariation
- strange wallbushes
- obliskspam at the bossplaces ( i think rotation would help here too)
- startingplaces and streets are "ok" but i think another tilevariation would help
- Terrain too defined, no roots would grow like that^^
- shells and starfish in a dark creepy forest.. öhm.. not

-I felt that it needed to be ground roots under the 3D ones... I agree it isn't too nice :/
-How should i make the pathes more alive? Suggestion?
-The wallbushes are there for blocking vision. I know they are not very nice but it is better than having nothing blocking sight isn't it?
-Obeliskspam is going to be replaced! I think...
-I think the tile varitation is good? why not?
-They wouldn't but it has to be clear for the players to get to know the enviroment
-Shells and starfish is maybe going to be removed.

Thank you for feedback! +rep!

ps: What do you say about the shop?

- maybe edit the rootskinn or something^^
- mix with other earth or grasserarth tiles or little bit of ups and downs
- ok maybe you can switch them with a fogmodel or something
- mhm remove some and rotate some i think this could work
- y i said, streets are "ok"^^
- ok but maybe you can find a middle way^^
- pls :D

the shop is good i like it :)

Level 14
Since nobody mentioned a hero arena map is usually multiplayer. And your terrain alone is above 8mgb. So this game won't be able to get hosted on battlenet.

Animated nature is one way to make it more festive. Since I love terraining playable terrain if you allow me I can do something with yours.

Level 4
Tis just 3 soundfiles that take up all the space, not his terrain.
As far as I see it - it's highly playable online.

People tend to over-do what doesn't need to be overdone, and under-do what needs to be overdone :) Its an arena map, keep it simple and playable - not confusing.

Map is simple, straight forward, keeps true to its color theme... meh the only thing that does look weird is the obelisk spam and the thorns - Being that thorns are 2D I would suggest giving more of a personal hand to the placement because spamming type 0-3 thorns looks bad. Use variation number 4-6 to fill in most of the thorns with touches of 0-3 here and there to make it look more varied - rather than mainly 0-3 everywhere... also take off the pathing from then and use blockers, would be better for the varied placement.

No need to craft wondrous rpg terrain for an arena! gets confusing.

Level 4
To each his own I guess...

When I'm online playing something PVP oriented (For example DOTA) - I really don't care about the terrain.
When I'm playing an RPG or something that is more slow paced and gives me a chance to look around... Yeah terrain is great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.