• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Melee unit turned ranged spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi, i was wondering how or what should i use to make a spell ... say using flaming/siering arrows or ice arrows... that makes a melee unit into a ranged unit.

the reason i need something like those arrow spells is those spells can be turned on and off at will, and when it is on, it is always on and it will attack in that fashion...

so what i need is for a melee unit to have this spell where when it turns on, it uses ranged attacks... say throwing element balls (orbs) or flames or fire ball or a clot of dirt.... whatever effect i choose, and uses mana to do so like the arrow spells..

anyone get what im trying to do?
how can i get that all to work?

Level 6
These spells are added to each attack if active, so if yo give it to melee unit, it will add it to its melee attack.

Is there some way to use Orb abilities for ranged attack against air etc. I have no experience with this, but it is possible it will work...perhaps...

Level 3
so the best i can do is some sort of weapon "enchantment" with that spell and maybe copy the beastmaster's data for having a vs. air attack!?

... man i was hoping i can really have some spell that can switch your type... melee to ranged

... orbs only range vs air units as well...

they dont toss anything to melee units as far as i knew...

Level 6
There is another way - easy, but not good.

Metamorphose. Copy your hero and only change attack in this "copied" one and give him metamorphose spell with 0.00 durration and no bonusses. It is good if you have few heroes, but more than 10 is devastating work

Level 3
XD

but wont he end up doing the "morph" animation each time he shoots?

:p

that would look STRANGE XD

ha haha.

this sux... all my ideas are either too complicated for me to handle or not possible..

:p

anyway, so what do i have to do to give my character the "attack 2 from orb" ability?

if attack 2- ranged attack- can "override" attack 1 (which is melee), then it should work fine i assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.