• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mdlivs - Rigging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Heyo :)

I'm in need of quick help, since the Paired Modelling/Texturing contest ends on saturday. So.

I want to attach a mesh (a leg) to a bone, though, when clicking, Reattach Vertexes, mdlivs fucks up. Normally, this only happens to me when I want to attach a mesh to Bone_Chest, but there it wasn't a problem, since there always were Child-bones that had the same movement as Bone_Chest. In this case there aren't any child bones. What also weird is, is the fact, that in earlier versions of the model I could assign the mesh to the leg bones. (exactly, it's the Right Leg 1/Left leg 1, so the "highest" of the leg bones.)

Every help is apprecicated and +rep for your help ofc :)

Level 18
Yeah, it does it quite often when you try to attach vertices to Bone_Chest or Bone_Pelvis.

In Magos, make a child bone (bone, not helper) to Bone_Chest. Move it so that its coordinates are matching those of Bone_Chest and attach the vertices to it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.