• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map won't work on multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Whenever i've nothing to do, i give sometime learning and testing some weird things and getting some headaches doing them on my own.
I was almost finished when i started to test the map on multiplayer, it works fine for like... 2 minutes? then it crashes for no reason at all(apparent)
Disabled every trigger, nothing seems to work.
(Map works fine in SP)

can someone help?

Ps. Already searched things about the subject, people saying if thats the case, then theres no going back. It's lost.

Attachments

• (8)Friends V1.08.w3x
    396.2 KB · Views: 83
Level 11
I noticed there's a crash when selecting the Orc Beastiary and when selecting the Human Barracks - in singleplayer as well as in multiplayer.

This is probably related to the way you have your 'custom units' (IE Nazgrel/Mathog/caviler/etc) as "Special units" as opposed to just a standard custom unit.

My suggestion is to remove these units from your structures, and then copy a unit such as the Footman and customize that unit to your liking instead of using the units mentioned above.

Hope this helps :D

Level 3
Uhm, i'm currently playing it
all players are random and didn't get a human AI, it didn't crash(yet)
3 minutes later... crash
removing all upgraded units from factories and trying again

Level 3
Thought the same. Already removed units from them.
Weird that i never had this problem before. In older versions i've played it in lan games

Edit:
10/18
Added units back except for crusader, MP with AI seems to work fine

Last edited:
Level 3
I tested out your map and i tried to max out the slots of each player(AI by the wayXD) and it seems that's the source of problem

most melee maps which has reach its maximum players expereinces lags and rarely, crashes, so that's what the problem,if you max out the slots of player slots, expect that it will crash, it happens to me, so i try to lessen it by two groups instead of four, and it works, i suggest that you should check it again and try which number of groups is advisable

anyway, i experience short lags but this is not kind of serious i think =)

Status
Not open for further replies.