• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

MAP PROTECTION 2 THANKS VG AND I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok for those of you knew to what im talking abot go to the thred map protection darky ban me if you wana i dont care. for those of you who read it I TOLD YOU SO THEY FRICKEN LOCKED IT! SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SAY!!

anyway the post VG well... posted was flawed beond flawed so here it is my comentay ridled through this crapy post marked by this banana2000- and this

-banana2000

ok before i eaven read this i knew it would be filled with crap like this ill be saying what i have to say to what VG had to say about what i had to say among this post.

VGsatomi said:
I just read the site protection policy and it’s screwed up.

Okay, this ought to be good...certainly the insightful and constructive criticism of an intelligent mewmber of this community might be something that could brighten my day, correct? I have a feeling my hopes are about to be shattered.

I know that there is a small group of people that want to learn but there is another side to it.

And down they go. Small? Most of the time when someone opens someone else's map, it to find out how they did something. Thats a fact. For every map that is stolen, there are thousands that are not.

banana2000-for evry house that has been broken into there are thousands that havent-banana200

People are protecting there maps so that they get the credit for their work.

Protecting maps gets people gredit? Does that mean I got no credit for my work because none of mine are protected? Does that mean if I use 10 different map protectors on one, I'll get more credit then anyone else's map? Well shoot, I must've been an IDIOT this whole time.

banana2000- ll anser you first question quite simply..... no. im talking about the cases that there have been.

I have to examples in life right now. I could tell you about. darky do you lock your house before you leave? If so why? is it to keep thieves out? Well don’t you think they could learn about what brand of plasma screen tv makes one that size?

Someone intruding into your house to steal something is a federal crime, punishable under court of law. Home invasion can easily lead to bodily harm and even death. Last I heard no one was beaten, raped, killed or robbed or true monetary value over the openining of a map. Opening somone else's is not a crime, genious.

banana2000- ok first off and i will be repeating this agin unforunately i was useing an exsample. to show how stupid the basic concept is.

-banana2000

You’re preventing them from learning.

You mean preventing someone from learning how to commit crimes? Thats called aiding an embedding a criminal.

banana2000- told you id have to repeat this. EXSAMPLE! your takeing it too literaly and by breaking it apart you preventing thngs that were suposed to go to geather to make a finer poit from going together that manipulating what i said without changing the words -banana2000

Another is copy righting. People in the world today buy rights to things that designed to make sure there’s no competition

Go to the World Editor End User Licence Agreement. Read the second paragraph. Tell me what it says.

Whats wrong? Too lazy? Here, I'll read it for you:

"2. Ownership. All title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Program and any and all copies thereof (including, but not limited to, any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, any related documentation, and "applets" incorporated into the Program) are owned by Blizzard Entertainment or its licensors. The Program is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international copyright treaties, and conventions and other laws. All rights are reserved. The Program contains certain licensed materials, and Blizzard's licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement."

Guess what that means? Every single thing you produce with the world editor IS ALREADY PROPERY OF BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. You have copywrites over JACK.

banana2000- EXSAMPLE! YOU FRICKEN IDIOT!! i wasn't talking about that i was showing another senaio were that same tipe of thing is used.

They do it so they can feed their families at night!

Thats funny....I've built 23 maps and an 11 map campaign and never once has it put a meal on my table.

banana2000-EXSAMPLE!!!! I NEED TO START COPYING AND PASTING THAT WORD!!!-banana2000

There are thousands of maps that are unprotected if they need help they can copy of of blizards

Blizzard doesnt do a fraction of the things that talented fans can do. There is little you can learn from them other then maybe terraining.

banana2000-i did cover that by saying that they didn't need to be starting with maps like bug evalution. besides there are maps that go into far more detale than humans vs. orcs. why dont they use dawn of the dead to figure it out?-banana2000

THOUSANDS OF MAPS!!!...

162 to be exact (not inclusing campaign maps)...all but 7 are melee....thats quite different then "THOUSANDS OF MAPS!!!". Thats not good variety for learning.

-banana2000 heres the pathetic thing about you people you dont understand the word exsaduration. anythin that starts with ex i supose-banana2000

But the majority wants to take credit for things they didn't do

My experience with dealting with thousands of mappers and modding this site for almost 2 years tells me otherwise.

-banana2000 ill give here that shees been here for too years thats fine by me.-banana2000

YOU WANT BUT YOU CANT STOP ME FROM PROTECTING MAPS!

When did Darky or I ever say that we could? Its your freedom.

-banana2000 actions are more powerful than words you have one of the most powerful sites on the web half the people on wc3 go to this site dont eaven pretend that you dont have an influince over people.

-banana2000

it’s called... TALERINCE LIBERAL PEOPLE!

Funny....considering liberals are not exactly known for tolerance.

banana2000- ya i know. that was my point-banana2000

...and its T-O-L-E-R-A-N-C-E.

-VGsatomi

banana2000- oh dont eaven go into spelling erors you misspeled blizzerd more than twice -banana2000 i mustadmit i was smileing the whole way through reading this...-banana2000

Level 22
ok for those of you knew to what im talking abot go to the thred map protection darky ban me if you wana i dont care. for those of you who read it I TOLD YOU SO THEY FRICKEN LOCKED IT! SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SAY!!

Well gee, since discussing map ptotection is... *drumroll* ....against the damn rules. Well, it certainly must not take a genious like you to figure out why it got locked, now would it?

You are certainly a real piece of work...all that and all you can retaliate with is pointing out my typoes. Here, I'll leave this open for you so you can have time to actually think up of a better arguement then "Waaaahhh VG misspelled Blizzard like twice!!!!!!!!11" and "THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE' YOU IDIOT"
-VGsatomi

Level 2
ok that was just stupid and you know it. i have much more on there than typos and i have an explanation for why evrything you said...(but one) was more moronic than than a bunch of people dresing up as bears to fool a real one. you wana insalt me? insault the material which contradictied evry one of your statements which made no scence. not protraying that im a 2 year old. with a cople of explamations and 2 ones after it.

EDIT: Vg i have nothing agenst you. your one of the things that keeps this site going. but that went too far you wanted smart contradition you have it

ufo

ufo

Level 2
uhmm.. banana2000. I don't care a fuck (sorry) about what you think of the rules. This is SPAM! You KNOW that no matter how much you whine that rule will NOT be changed, and why would you inform us of this? You don't like the rules, SO!?

I have one thing to say to you: ! 4m 707411Y 1337 4Nd y0u $UCK R3411Y mUCH!

(Sorry for insulting which is propaly against some rule (forgot nearly all of them))

EDIT: banana2000, in your new post (which was posted while i wrote THIS post!!) there were several typos, so stop complaining about that Blizzard what wrote wrong two times

Status
Not open for further replies.