• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map language?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
1st question is:
If you'll can't read map words at all,will you play it or not? (as for me i can't read chinese language,but i'm playing their TD2005 )
Is there any options to make MUI map ?
I know,there is a programm somewhere here,but at least my last try have nothing new to make...

and for the end:

I'm asking this ,because i'm making 3 maps with the same save\lode system (like ragnaros maps,i think) with the UMS-Survive style.
2 maps for battle and 1 for a magazine.
the last think to make is a MUI,because russian players don't like to play english maps...( wooden modems :D ) .......

gl&hf

P.S. speedhorn already saw 1st part of that map..but now it's better :D

Rui

Rui

Level 41
People always prefer to play maps on english, which is the common language. I sometimes delete maps which don't have a category and have a language other than english. I can't leave the map on the unsorted, and I can't bother to PM every single map author that decides to repeat the error, so if that happens, and the minimap / map name doesn't make it obvious, I simply delete it.

Level 40
uuh, i dont think you can really do a multilingual map effectively ( short of making 5 versions of every hero/spell/message/etc ), and so on, so the best way is to forget it, or release multiple versions of your map ( the reason this is better than the NO above is because the map size isnt a ton bigger )

Level 9
As i said again.. i saw a programm
wc3localizer that is making same thing as wc3.
(for english wc3 replace words into english ,for russian wc3 into russian)

Still thanks for answering this stupid question ^_^
(it's 1.40 AM ,so i'm very very sorry for my grammmar...)

Level 16
Depends what kind of map. Personally i love all the asian openrpg's where you can only see the numbers. All text missing is not a problem at all in that kind of map as long as its well made.

Save/Load code could maybe mean that you are doing an orpg..? If so, i wouldnt mind if the text were missing.

But if the map is one bit complicated i'd like to see all text in english :)

Level 8
I had the same problem, and it looks like it's impossble. There is a file name .w3s, it contains all the strings used in map.

wc3localizer lists these strings and lets you to replace them in a comfotable way, but nothing more. Just to translate map to other language, not make it multilanguage.

I thought that adding to map archive another .w3s file (like .w3s.ru) would let you make map multilanguage, but i never got to test it since i have english version of game (our russian translated version has voice actors that make you throw up суки ёбаные переводчики, такие голоса испортили).

Level 9
Да можно купить и английский варик :))
Ok,thanks for all :0

P.S.
Mini-me as usuall i'm making an UMS-Survive (Meat 2 , 3) For now it's more like "LOST" film but with 2 additional maps:
1)Island (main battle)
2)Market (buying items)
3)City (BOSS places. Quest items for killing)

As for now. i'm making it at .ru translation (cyrrilic) and european players couldn't see test at all....

So far I liked the map (though ofc were still w.i.p and needed work, but still good) but a few things were sorta confusing so I would recomend you to create several versions for the languages you are going to have it for and then in the beginning of each map (or in the loadingscreen) state a place where you perhaps would be able to get the other language versions of the map. So if you are english and joined a russian game you can see that there is a non-rus version aswell and vice versa :)

Level 9
and 1 bad thing appeared:
i'm not using jass (yes,i'm a lamer trigger ^_^ ) that's why i can't use local multiboards for each player with there strings :\
About Abilities... i tried to make same thing at Battlefield 2 ,results was god,but there were several units for several times and the main things was at english as well as everybody want to see their names....

Ending:
As for now i'm thinking about 2(4) maps with different language
1)Russian (always new versions)
2)English (New Release versions)

Level 19
VampireKB said:
1st question is:
If you'll can't read map words at all,will you play it or not? (as for me i can't read chinese language,but i'm playing their TD2005 )

and for the end:

I'm asking this ,because i'm making 3 maps with the same save\lode system (like ragnaros maps,i think) with the UMS-Survive style.
2 maps for battle and 1 for a magazine.
I'd rather play english maps. Are your maps going to be solo maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.