• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

making shockwave damage allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
i havent tried it but i would like to keep it at shockwave since i want it damage in a line, not a cone. although i suppose i could modify the final area, but lets focus on shockwave for now.

ok so ive tried carrion swarm, breath of fire, crushing wave, and shockwave. none of them can damage allies. does anyone know how to either make one of these spells damage allies as well or know of a similar spell that will damage allies?

Do NOT double-post. Use the Edit button at the bottom right of your post.
~Posts Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
i have tried this millions of times without success.

the solution here is doing the following:

your hero gets a 0 damage - no projectile model - schockwave

whenever he casts it, an invisible dummy unit (controlled by a player NOT equal to the owner of the casting unit, nor the owner of any POTENTIAL TARGET) that casts schockwave instantly targeting the same exact point is spawned and removed.

now ofcourse that does only the optical stuff. you will still have to trigger bounty and experience gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.