• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

make a book of Mana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can I make a book that adds Mana (not Intelligence) like the book of Health does it for life and not for Power?

I already tried to imitate the book of Health by using the Mana-Bonus Ability (that use other artifacts, too but the Problem is they aren't Powerups so they need a slot) but thats not working! My Hero couldn't pick up this book...

Is there an other way to gove an Hero a permanent Manaboost? How can I modify the permanent Life and Mana of Heroes via triggers? (I only found the non permanent Mana and Life to modify)

Level 7
Mmmm i think its better to try and make the hero be able to pick it up, i once had that problem, i think its something about it being actively used. Go into object editor and change the Stats-Actively of the item used to the opposite of what you have it now.

Level 13
hm i guess you can use sth like this, use any book with no effect for it:
event: unit uses item
conditions: item equal to book of mana
sth like "hero does not have ability mana-bonus"
action:add ability mana-bonus to triggering unit

problem is, if your hero picks up more then one of these books,
you need another trigger:
event: unit uses item
conditions: item equal to book of mana
sth like "hero does have ability mana-bonus"
action:increase level of ability mana-bonus for triggering unit

you would have to make an ability with many levels, equal to the maximum number of books your hero will be able to pick up in your map

maybe there are easier ways, but i don't know any

Last edited:
Level 9
Use a tome of intelligence and use the gameplay constants to remove mana regen bonus for intelligence gained, and modify the amount of mana gained for each point of intelligence. Then incorporate mana regen into items in your map instead. Probably the easiest way.

Level 9
I may have missunderstood the problem but if u make a tome based on the Tome of Health, remove the ability, change the stats and make a trigger like this:
  • Man Tom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Manual of Mana
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Hero manipulating item) to ((Max mana of (Hero manipulating item)) + 100.00)

Attachments

• ManaTomeTestMap.w3x
    15 KB · Views: 46
Level 2
I got the Answer, first i clear the misunderstandings:

@Luthion: I didn't understand you srry

@UreDe4D: too much work and it takes up a ability space (i dont even know if this ability works in that way at all)

@gavdaman88: that doesn't solve my problem, i wanted to make the mana independent of the Intelligence so i can use the Intelligence to display the mana Regeneration

@Argus:
Set mana of (Hero manipulating item)
that would modify the "normal" Mana, not the max Mana, so the answer is:

Alexander244 said:
Use Bonus Mod.

Use SetUnitMaxState System. It's easier for what you want than Bonus Mod.

Thank you for trying to help me!:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.