• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Magnificent Soul [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Magnificent Soul
PROJECT INFORMATION
Project Title: Magnificent Soul
Project Status: Actively in Production
Release Date (v1.0): June 14, 2009 **no promises, but I'll try
Project Description: Magnificent Soul is a battle-net role playing game intended to span across eight (8) different maps. The maps will share the same save/load and each map will have all of the items and classes of the other maps stored in its data. However, some classes and items will only be obtainable from certain maps. The map East Kalef will be completed first with the majority of the classes and items included.
Misc Features:
  • Interactive and Intelligent AI
  • Responsive Environment
  • Original Character Progression System
  • Intuitive Map Design & Gameplay
  • Innovative Random Instanced Dungeons
  • Innovative Non-repetitive Quests

MAP I: East Kalef
Size: 256x256
Progress:
Version 1.0 - 70% Complete
Completed - 20% Complete
OTHER MAPS
  • Ailyrian Jungle
  • Rebel Crossroads
  • West Kalef
  • Capital City
  • Zyrial Dunes
  • Frozen Herian
  • Outlying Islands

RECRUITING
Needed: Detail Terrainer - Improve upon what terrain has already been made in order to improve its quality and immersive value.
Wanted: Advanced Triggerer/JASSer - Primarily to help remove leaks, lag, and excess memory-usage. Can also assist with systems, spells and other triggers if desired.
Wanted: Creative Terrainer / Terrain Concepter - Creates sketches and/or terrains areas in a creative and distinctive way aimed at being immersive, quality, and giving each area or map a realistic landmark-able feel. (Good examples can be seen at: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f267/madsens-terrain-showcase-39973/ as long as they have effective pathing maps.
Wanted: Beta Testers
Accepting: Idea Thinker-uppers ^_^

|||||| WORLD MAP ||||||
51699d1239328857-magnificent-soul-rpg-magnificent-map.jpg

Version 1 Class List:
Novice(starter), Squire, Meleeer, Ranger, Initiate, Apprentice, Guardsman, Duelist, Magesword, Explorer, Woodsman, Fighter, Mercenary, Druid, Hunter, Magecrafter, Secret Class

Terrain Attachments:

Attachments

• Bombs in the Wheat Field.gif
    Bombs in the Wheat Field.gif
    323.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Magnificent Map.jpg
    Magnificent Map.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 353
  • MountainPass.jpg
    MountainPass.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Night Elf Cathedral.gif
    Night Elf Cathedral.gif
    240.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Overhead Partial.jpg
    Overhead Partial.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 3
can you explain more about the AI and responsive environment?

Yeah.
Specific details change based on map, but as a few examples that are planned in Map 1:
If you start attacking rocks or disrupting the earth in the mountains you risk causing a land-slide down on you. On another map it will be possible to set off a dormant volcano with enough magical power or if you do something hidden on accident ^_^.
Encampments and towns can be sieged and destroyed by either players or NPCs. Destroyed NPC towns may be rebuilt later in a game if an area is calm and unused for awhile, or players with the right specifications may be able to "build" towns where one was destroyed.
If a town comes under siege, the town will respond appropriately, military might be woken up and come to defend the walls, peasants may flee off the edge of the map (following paths), or reinforcements may come from other cities either on the same map or "from" another map.
While cities arn't sieged NPCs will follow basic sleeping schedules. You might not be able to access a vendor at night because he's in his home sleeping.

Weather will also have effects on the players character, from slowing him down, to causing frostbite, to causing overheating, exhaustion, reduced visibility, etc.

If you kill a lot of specific creep or if you destroy the base/den/home of specific enemies they may disappear and return later, migrate elsewhere on the map, or be destroyed all together.

You can attack and attempt to kill almost all the NPCs which will vary in level and skill as is appropriate to the players, maps, and previous events. If you attack an NPC they will attack back, if you kill a few NPCs, or if a few NPCs are killed in a siege, on patrol, etc, new NPCs might migrate from other maps. If you massacre almost all of a town it might become blighted and inhabitable.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Level 3
Ok! The map is back on progress after being delayed because my graphics card blew up.... anyways, the release date is being moved from last Friday (April 24th) to next Wednsday (May 5th) for two reasons: One, my computer was neutered the past many days. Two, I've decided to add an additional component to the combat system before release of version 1. [Note: I say "system" but its really just WC3's method with changes to the units you use]

Level 3
id love to be a triggerer,beta tester,idea come upper,advertiser,and terrain idea comer upper lol . by the way, you do know that terrains like the example you showed cant be done on a bnet map because of lag issues and file size

Level 3
id love to be a triggerer,beta tester,idea come upper,advertiser,and terrain idea comer upper lol . by the way, you do know that terrains like the example you showed cant be done on a bnet map because of lag issues and file size

Welcome to the team! ^_^ (very small team right now)..... If you have any particular thing your interested in, or any ideas you can either post that here or PM me and we can find a way to get you working on the map.

I'm not too worried about file-size right now, I have about 1/4th of the terrain complete and with triggers and imports it only takes up about 400/4000 allowed kilobytes... I predict a final map size of around 1.6 to 2.3 megabytes.

As to lag, if it really is too laggy we'll have to work that out; however, the doodad count is significantly less than it might look like it is and I don't think there will actually be problems with lag.

Level 2
How can u see , how much KB u have used?

And for the topic,

Looks great so far, the Terrain is not so amazing btw.
But of what i hear, i think its going to be a great RPG.
And im expecting Much. =]

Level 3
Welcome to the team! ^_^ (very small team right now)..... If you have any particular thing your interested in, or any ideas you can either post that here or PM me and we can find a way to get you working on the map.

I'm not too worried about file-size right now, I have about 1/4th of the terrain complete and with triggers and imports it only takes up about 400/4000 allowed kilobytes... I predict a final map size of around 1.6 to 2.3 megabytes.

As to lag, if it really is too laggy we'll have to work that out; however, the doodad count is significantly less than it might look like it is and I don't think there will actually be problems with lag.
well , i feel that rpgs now need to be more unique (i.e no generic classes,etc) but i cant think of a way to do that lol

How can u see , how much KB u have used?

And for the topic,

Looks great so far, the Terrain is not so amazing btw.
But of what i hear, i think its going to be a great RPG.
And im expecting Much. =]
look at the filesize of the map

Status
Not open for further replies.