• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Magic Steam Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hi! i got a new terrerain: the Magic Steam Giant! i worked on it for 3 hours, and that what i got! Constructive Criticism pl0x!

Attachments

• Magic Steam Giant.jpg
    Magic Steam Giant.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 259
Level 34
: (

Do you think it's good? How can you spend three hours on this? You must be somewhat new to the WE, and doodads, because I could whip that up in minutes. I don't mean to offend you, but there are so many things wrong I don't really want to critique it... but I will.

1. Flat - Never leave your terrain flat. It looks boring and not very natural.

2. Environment - Even in a terrain that does not focus on environment you should still make sure that the environment is good. One ugly thing and it ruins a terrain. Add trees, rocks, plants, and small doodads.

3. Distance Fog (DF) - This is under 'Scenario - Map Options'. I'm not going to tell you how to work it, just figure it out. This will add to any terrain I guaranty.

4. I'm going to be blunt (not that I haven't been already), that steam giant is ugly. This is a robot! I don't expect you to make something that good, but you can do better than this.

5. Tile variation - You seem to have tried, but it's not good. Use more tiles, and make it more natural. It just takes practice.

6. End of the World - Never show the edge of the map. Ever.

Well that's a few major ones. Try a new terrain, and make sure it's of some quality before posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.