• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Macintosh Users, I need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
update:icon problems seem to be all ok now. it appears it may have been an issue exclusive to BTN and DISBTN icons...not sure. the scorescreen icon testing has been, roughly inconclusive. i could test more, but it wouldn't make much sense to since there doesn't seem to be a file size difference with those.
basically i've been told someone's running a mac and can't run my map.

i've encountered mysterious problems with disconnecting players before, maybe macintosh computers are to blame.

if you can please check out my current map the demon hunt tournament and see if it's working for you, it would be appreciated.

the link below goes to a site where i attached a test version of a newer version than the current version of my map. the link in my signature goes to the current version of the map, though. my guess is you cannot load the current version and you may or may not have problems with the version attached to that wc3c.net post.

i could just wait for the one poster to reply back, but if there are problems after loading the map, then having more testers on the scene will help those problems be detected more quickly. furthermore, i'm itching to check the loading of the map and i don't want any time wasted at all.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=1129977#post1129977

Last edited:
Level 13
i'm not sure what you mean. there's some tiles from multiple tilesets...is that a prblem for mac users? in my old tdht i used tiles from multiple tilesets but in latest version i just decided i was sick of the terrain and changed it to felwood. in taf i still have tiles from multiple tilesets...

are you referring to things like earthshaker from dota deforming the terrain? that's more like along the lines of what i'm thinking you mean.

Level 10
I am able to load Demon Hunt 0.96p in single-player on my Mac. I have not tested it multi-player to see if it desyncs.

I am able to load Demon Hunt 0.96o in single-player on my Mac, but it freezes as soon as I click on the Fountain of Power, a sure sign that there were Mac-incompatible icons.

I read in the other thread that the map hung while loading; this can happen with bad icons that are being loaded at map init, like if there are heroes using such icons.

Is there anything else you were hoping to have tested on a Mac?

i'm not sure what you mean. there's some tiles from multiple tilesets...is that a prblem for mac users?
I'm not sure, but I seem to remember reading that it can be a problem for Mac users, maybe only Mac users on PPC processors, not Intel processors...but I can't find where I thought I read that.

are you referring to things like earthshaker from dota deforming the terrain?
Terrain deformations can cause desyncs regardless Mac/PC if people have different graphics settings, if you use the GetLocationZ function.

Last edited:
Level 13
ok, i got another question for you.

how about the world editor?

is it true you cannot use jngp?

and if that is so, doesn't that mean you cannot read the map script?

if yes, i might want to post the official map script with my map submissions just so that macintosh users can view the information that is intended to be public.

Level 13
update: test map removed as it has been tested already. feel free to request it if you want to see it.

ok, so i was working on updating the map last night, and came up with a list of things i need you to check

Code:
confirm this or problem isn't really fixed:
i made my own icons which were probably the main problem
check these last two places to make sure my icons are ok
[COLOR="Lime"]check quests[/COLOR] (quest icon isn't a button icon)
[COLOR="lime"]check chaser (not farseer or beastmaster) (end of game)scorescreen heroes section[/COLOR]
checked! i must've fixed those already scorescreeners(maybe they weren't broken to begin with, idk)...double check for me isn't a bad idea though.

just to be on the safe side, check all models and skins(can't remember):
Chasers A, B, C, D, E, F, G. Chaser's ability green flames(Chaser D). Runners M, Q, S, W, Z. chaser ability Crow Scout(Chaser C or E)
summon all those chasers and runners and the green wolf and crow on macintosh or i guess i can just place them on terrain for ultra convenience.
so, if map doesn't load it means a model or skin problem.
which i doubt will happen, considering i never made any of those, but there's only the one way to find out for sure.

now, if we got it loaded up i just need you to do two things. check the quests section and make sure the triangle/sankaku icon looks fine and doesn't crash the game(just a set of 2 triangles, one black, one green)...and then go to the end of game scorescreen and see if the icons look ok in the heroes section there and isn't crashing your game.

it's all remote possibilities at this point but i really want to make sure i have this macintosh problem beaten.

EDIT:I DID SOMETHING FUNNY AND WRONG WITH THE SCORESCREEN ICONS...WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I FIX IT.

Last edited:
Level 10
now, if we got it loaded up i just need you to do two things. check the quests section and make sure the triangle/sankaku icon looks fine and doesn't crash the game(just a set of 2 triangles, one black, one green)...and then go to the end of game scorescreen and see if the icons look ok in the heroes section there and isn't crashing your game.

Seems OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.