• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Lordaeron Fall Poll

Lordaeron Fall Best Terrainer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Welcome to the
Terraining Challenge's Lordaeron Fall Tileset Poll

Bob27

Bob27 has submitted 3 images. A terrain with a natural feeling, although Blizzard-like tilesets are usually not the preferred.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gilles

Gilles has submitted 2 images. A Barrens-like terrain using the contest tileset. Will it work?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Jaakko

Jaakko has submitted 3 images. The atmosphere is pretty good. Will the creator win another tileset?
His submissions...

Nbah

Nbah has submitted 3 images. A house, which many would call home... or not.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MadseN

MadseN has submitted 1 image. Although it's a single image, it might prove to be better than multiple pictures.
attachment.php

~Void~

~Void~ has submitted 1 image. Orc territory he named it.
attachment.php

Level 8
I'm going to vote for MadSen here. The amount of detail on the background is stunning, as is the realism of the pathway. I like the lighting on it too :D The only thing I feel I have to say is that you could have added more onto the dark foreground of the image. Currently, only the very bottom edge of the image shows something that actually contrasts with the image.

Comments on other terrainers:
@Bob27: Looks great from what I can see at the third image. The only thing I had against it were the amount of doodads spent on the hills. There aren't any. Maybe some rocks or rubble not yet fallen would have made a better effect?

@Gilles: Great effort, and I especially like the tree house.

Argh... I'ma have to end this post here.... gtg :\ I'll edit this post with more critique later

Level 34
MadseN hands down. Doesn't even look like warcraft anymore. His ability to create atmosphere is amazing.

Jaakko had two very good submissions though! The second was pretty poor, but the last made up for it. The first was pretty good. Nothing amazing. He deserves second.

Me third. I never got to finish it due to it corrupting.

Voids was pretty good, although I thought the bridge was ugly. It's an awesome model, but it looked bad in that atmosphere. You should have made it out of doodads! Would have been way better IMO. It was a solid terrain, pretty close to mine.

Bob27, much too plain. I liked the castle though.

Level 34
Corexx. He is good, but I would consider MadseN his superior. I would consider Corexx and Tassadoom around the same.

Level 34
I voted for ~Void~. Why? His pictures are the best.

MadseN has also good terrain, but only 1 picture. Next time, MadseN, I suggest you to put at least 4 pictures so we can see more about your terrain.

Void only had one picture as well. :\

MadseN i really like u.The background is really really....i dont have words for this !!! i am gona rep u.Bob27 it's not really special or something.Gilly i see some flying rocks :p Nbah....hmmm.... ther are really really much stuff with lot's of color i dont like it i dont really see anything in it.~Void~ i dont think the grass fit's in all of that mybe some fog an rain?Jaakko i only like the first 2.The third picture, hmm well ther is grass coming out of the bridge and the stair dont fit i see the rest is good.

Level 34
I wouldn't have said number two, but not last either. The atmosphere was good, and the keep was pretty cool. Just too plain as you said.

Level 34
Yeah, except before you were the single vote that put you ahead of me. Now you're pulling ahead. It does not matter. : )

Voted for Bob. He has the most natural feeling, I didn't wanna vote for MadseN, but I was pretty close to voting for ~Void~. They had the most natural terrains, as in, without fancy uber lighting, tiny cities and forests, but rather ordinary sights throughout Warcraft. I like those terrains - but not making them - because it IS Warcraft, after all.
And that was my way of voting in this poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.