• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

looking for some people (skill doesnt matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hey. i had a terrainer but his computer broke and he cant send me the map... unfortunately he had the only version of it. so now i gotta start over... lol...

well the map is called Chronicles of Anis'Valien. it is a map based on a combination of lordaeron tactics, azeroth wars, and broken alliances.

the lore is all made from myself :). i wont be tied down by any war3lore i dont know of, or lore of anything else. the world is my own, the lore and history is my own. and i plan of making it into a series based on the history of this Anis'Valien.

so now i am literally the only one on this map. technically i am looking for someone to help me with ideas, someone to do terrain, and someone to do the units... i allready have some people who want to test but i am no where near that far. all i really have down is some history and background, and what units i want for some of the races.

i can do the basics and spells of units. but i cant decide how to make the stats balanced like hp, armor and such so that their balanced... im the kinda person who gives a ghoul 3x the stats of a abom for the sake of it. without even realizing its rigged.

if you are interested then post or PM me. and i will give you more details or answer whatever questions you got for me.

Level 4
more information on the lore and systems please, I don't actually have a clue what the aforementioned games are... I'm looking to help someone with a project but I'm not going to get myself into a project I dont like or know about ;P

Level 7
um. ok. here is the way it works.

every race has multiple bases with different units. every base has its own spawn. you increase the spawn by training units. you train units using a resource and food. you gain resource every turn, and you gain food by claiming land. as the game plays on, the demand for food becomes greater so you can support a larger spawn. only the most basic of units dont cost food, because their kinda massable. you use resources to upgrade or train a unit to increase the spawn in your base.

upgrade arent complicated like some things. it is based on the upgrades for mages where they go from basic to master, all units do this depend on which units you want to focus on. such as upgrading a footmen several times can give them defend, critical strike, and other abilitys as they go from novice to veteran to master.

there are events every race can do to change the course of the game. the events include things such as destroying or losing a certain base, losing or killing a certain hero. and can cause events such as alliance shifts, unit gains or losses, hero gains and losses, gaining of minor-heavy spawn locations.

one of the hardest things ive barely managed to accomplish is a basic system to compeltely randomize which player you are. for example the moment the game starts, you wont know if your human, undead, orc, forgotten, outcast, diseased, demon, elven, or dwarf. and depending on which one you get will decide your beginning alliances and location of your bases.

i am trying to make the heros unique, original, and have complicated spells but i aint that good at complicated spells lol. but im doing well on the ideas of the heros.

i havent said the lore and hystory for a reason. :)

and before you think this is permanent. it isnt. this is as far as ive got. im only in the idea stage and ive typed down a ton of data but i am slow at actually getting it done in WE.

i would like it if the recuitguy is active, is on around 8am-3pm azeroth time. (i live in germany so im 6 hours ahead.) and does not have an attitude. i do not handle ppl who cuss at me.

Level 4
sounds interesting. With the random race selector is there any special guidelines (eg 1 team/race or X good races Y bad races)? Or is it just completely random like this trigger map ive attached (the multiboard is just to show the teams, it randomises again every 5 seconds just to show the random combinations that could appear)

Last edited:
Level 7
actually neither. the way i did it is very easy to understand, but may or may not cause a ton of lag. idk i havent really tested it with a bunch of ppl. of course i cant till i get the terrain and places down.

edit: plz! i seriously need a terrainer! i really do stink at terrain! i couldnt do terrain if my life depended on it!

Last edited:
Level 1
I'm not really well known, nor have any of my works made it out, but I could help ya with that terrain. If you want a test map to see my skittles, just let me know and I'll cook one up for ya.

Izual

Level 3
Hi The Ancient,
May i could work on Terain and on Items.
I think i know your Idear of Game.You want to make a Loderonfight or something else^^ I think the Idear allready existed but its :thumbs_up: also.

May you could tell me more in Icq?

mfg The3nd

Level 7
Hi The Ancient,
May i could work on Terain and on Items.
I think i know your Idear of Game.You want to make a Loderonfight or something else^^ I think the Idear allready existed but its :thumbs_up: also.

May you could tell me more in Icq?

mfg The3nd

um. there are a lot more differences and things then i havent mentioned. these are just the basics. there is mre than this.

while these individual ideas existed, i have never seen a map put them together.

thanks. now apparently i got my terrainers. and getting someone to help me brainstorm the history of anis'valien isnt all that important at the moment.

what is icq and why did u say a number?

ok i got someone.

Attachments

• diagram.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Level 1
Please take a look at this and tell me what you think. It is based on how i perceived your diagram. Feel free to make changes.

Izual

Note: It is in a zip because the image size was too big to post.

Attachments

• rough1.rar
    19.3 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.