• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for Project Members: The Scourging of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
tnks, u should add the frostmoure ability to the LK, and add the ability to raise skeletons from corpses maybe death touch and death and decay as well (but weaker to prevent overpowerment), and remuove a couple of DK attacks, and u should also add in the descrption of winter'scall that the effect cant occure more than once each 30 sec

Level 11
@aslit what is the frostmourne ability? and ya, i was thinkin of similar stuff. ill prolly do that after i finish orange/light blue/grays starting points

Level 16
Happen after TFT's Campaign, eh? Well, some Faction-Related Criticisms.

1.The Order of Silverhand is already destroyed by then. The remnants are now members of Scarlet Crusade, though some (led by Tyrosus Maxwell) revolt and formed the Argent Dawn. However, lore-correctly, Silverhand's successor is the Scarlet Crusade. So, put them in the place of Silverhand.

2. No comment on Forsaken.

3. It is called "Illidari" and not "The Naga". add Kael, Akama, and Vashj.

4. Surely, just Thrall? No Drek'Thar and Rexxar? *dies*

5. Usually, Taurens and Trolls were fused into one faction. Add Vol'Jin. And maybe Goblins too.

6. Where is Tyrande and Fandral?

7. No comment on Scourge and Burning Legion

8. Deathwing still sleep inside Azeroth and Nozdormu is never certified as the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. Remove both or change them with other forces (Argent Dawn?).

That's it for now.

Level 8
lol, much after the end of tft, the order of the silver hand fuses with argent dawn to creat argent crusaders, if ur gonna criticize check ur info.
there are wandering naga not afiliated with illidan, and still, they are a race
thrall is the most significative orc hero, by far.
the closest that taurens and trolls ever was, was being part of the horde.
to resume, ur mixing chronologically almost everything, well... al least u knew that thrall was an orc....

Level 11
Happen after TFT's Campaign, eh? Well, some Faction-Related Criticisms.

1.The Order of Silverhand is already destroyed by then. The remnants are now members of Scarlet Crusade, though some (led by Tyrosus Maxwell) revolt and formed the Argent Dawn. However, lore-correctly, Silverhand's successor is the Scarlet Crusade. So, put them in the place of Silverhand.

2. No comment on Forsaken.

3. It is called "Illidari" and not "The Naga". add Kael, Akama, and Vashj.

4. Surely, just Thrall? No Drek'Thar and Rexxar? *dies*

5. Usually, Taurens and Trolls were fused into one faction. Add Vol'Jin. And maybe Goblins too.

6. Where is Tyrande and Fandral?

7. No comment on Scourge and Burning Legion

8. Deathwing still sleep inside Azeroth and Nozdormu is never certified as the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. Remove both or change them with other forces (Argent Dawn?).

That's it for now.

@dead-man-walking Thank you for the criticism, I always enjoy to see different point of views. However, let me respond to some of your points:

1. Aslit is correct. The Silver Hand still exists. They eventually join with the Argent Dawn to become the Argent Crusade (this occurs in the WotLK expansion). This is reflected in my game.
2. "No comment on Forsaken" is a comment. What were you going to say?
3. The faction of which you call the "Illidari" are based within Outland. Mine are the Naga still based within the Maelstrom, basically the other 99% of the naga population (1% = Illidari, which consists of demons, blood elves, naga, broken, etc). However, I am still trying to think of something with Illidan
4. No, Vol'jin is with Orange, but I forgot to include that (I just recently added him). Let me fix that.
5. That is characteristic of games such as the Dark Ages of Warcraft and Azeroth Wars. This is neither of those. Tauren will remain a separate faction, while Darkspear Trolls/Orcs are fused into one faction.
6. Tyrande was just recently added into my map, so I need to fix the main post to reflect that. I have not though of a storyline for Fandral at this point, but I may try something when I revisit the Night Elves.
7. "No comment on Scourge and Burning Legion" That is a comment which is in place of something you would like to say. What is it?
8a. Deathwing is recooperating within Azeroth. Why can't I include him as a faction? It would be a great addition, atleast I do, as many other people I have talked to agree with. In response to Nozdormu not being the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight, there is a large amount of evidence pointing to him being the leader. However, I am going to try and come up with a good storyline for Nozdormu
8b. "Argent Crusade?" Yes, what about them?

-I have noticed that many of your points reflect that of Azeroth Wars and the Dark Ages of Warcraft. This is neither of those maps, and I want it to be as unique as possible. This is the Scourging of Azeroth :)

Thank you for your criticism again, it was much appreciated.

Level 11
@f0rsAk3n Ya, sure, we could always use another spell creator. ill add you to the project group. thanks for your interest in this project! aslit is the other spell creator, so you two can collaborate on spells, if you 2 wish. right now, i am working on factions' starting points, so after that, maybe you, me, and aslit could come up with a bunch of spells for the heroes and you 2 could work on them :D
let me know what you think
@aslit same goes for you too aslit, you two can talk about stuff if you wish

Level 16
I read comics. I read WoWWiki. Silver Hand is pretty much annihilated after TFT's first Undead Campaign Mission (After the first annihilation by Arthas to reclaim the Urn of Terenas to store Kel'Thuzad). Some go together and form the Scarlet Crusade (Yes, you forgot them). The others go and form Argent Dawn (which will later become Argent Crusade). Those who remains in the Silver Hand are led by Tirion Fordring and not some unknown Paladin. Later, they joined Argent Dawn and become Argent Crusade, who, together with Knights of The Ebon Blade, forming The Ashen Verdict. Your "Naga" forces happens to have Illidan as a Hero. That already mean Illidari. Illidan never visited Maelstorm after the events of TFT. If you want the Naga, remove Illidan and add something like Kalithresh. For Deathwing, why don't you use Blackwing and Onyxia instead? About Nozdormu, can't you come up with another creative character like what you do with Lord Reveles?

Level 11
@deadman yup, the silver hand stuff is/will be reflected in my game, i already planned all of that. and yes, i am going to come up with a storyline to involve illidan with the naga (possibly). And Blackwing/Onyxia are possible to obtain through different stuff for deathwing as the game progresses
@aslit dont be so mean, hehe :p

Level 11
@deadmanwalking first off, please dont let this turn into an argument, i dont need that clogging up space in this post. second, i stated my points and I know they are valid because I have played WoW and read extensive material from wowwiki.
So the first bit of criticism was appreciated, but dont let this turn into an argument please. if you wish to join the project group, then say so. if not, leave some pointers, tips, etc and leave it at that. Thanks

Level 14
@f0rsAk3n Ya, sure, we could always use another spell creator. ill add you to the project group. thanks for your interest in this project! aslit is the other spell creator, so you two can collaborate on spells, if you 2 wish. right now, i am working on factions' starting points, so after that, maybe you, me, and aslit could come up with a bunch of spells for the heroes and you 2 could work on them :D
let me know what you think wish

Yeah okay sounds good.

Level 16
Nah. Not too interested. Oh, and change Forsaken's Starting Point. It's design is actually a ruined city with some blight. And it seems that you use Outland as base Tileset. Makes it look ugly.

Level 11
@deadmanwalking what do you think the Forsaken's starting point is supposed to look like? and its too late to change the tileset, plus i like the tileset

Level 11
@deadmanwalking i have to disagree. i think it works great. it helps create a sense of uniqueness, since it is rarely used. in addition, it is great for places such as Durotar and Outlands. If I am going to use that tileset for few things, why not make it the base so I can use the other aditional tiles for more important/extensive regions?

Level 11
@aslit oh, really? thats really cool. i dunno how to do that tho, so maybe you could do that? or just show me on chat or somethin. thats really cool tho....thatd help...haha :p

Level 11
@aslit hmmm..well, i dunno. i guess we could try it at a later date. i dont want any 3rd party systems messing up the map, you know what i mean? o, and i got another update to add to the pastebin, but i will do that tomorrow. there are quite a few updates on it

Level 13
i simply cant create the system. it is too hard. i can explain later if you want me to.

Level 11
Hey guys. Lots of updates are coming your way. I decided to not upload an updated version to pastebin this weekend and will do it next weekend, once my spring break starts. However, I will say what has changed so far:

1) Light Blue/Gray's starting points were finished
2) Brown/Green's starting points are being finished
3) Terrain at different points in the map were fixed
4) The Ebon Hold was created
5) New Buildings were created with every new starting point
6) Art Concepts of new building models were sent to Goolygot

I am hoping that these accomplishments will be done by the end of my spring break:

1) Every starting point will be completed
2) All buildings that belong with the starting points will be finished
3) The Legion's portal system will be finished (I have an idea, Etzer)
4) Units for Red, Blue, Teal, Orange, Yellow, and Purple will be done
5) All heroes will be balanced (not spells, just their base atk, health, etc)
6) 25-50% of heroes' spells will be completed/implemented into the game
7) Income triggers will be fully completed
8) Making all trees invulnerable will be fully compelted
9) Extensive testing will be done

As you can see, a lot of new stuff has taken place/will take place. If you are on the Project Team and wish to give your aid in one of these matters, or if you are not part of the Project Team, and wish to be, please leave a post.
Thank you

Level 8
i just started classes (last weak), but ill try to make myself some time to make a spell if u have any idea for it or smt, u should do that stuff with the LK.
the other guy made any spell or smt?

Level 11
@aslit sorry, what do you mean by smt? but no, i havent worked on the other spells for the Lich King. I will probably go through the heroes and work on the simple spells that can be done in world editor Uhm, no, the other spell person hasnt contacted me at all about makin spells. he said he was interested, but hasnt PMed me at all or anything. ill prolly PM him thurs or fri about it

Level 11
@goolygot wow dude! :D i am sooo happy that you are working on this!
uhm, two small things:
1) try to bring the dragon heads farther down, so like you have the top of the tower, then the dragon head. so basically, remove almost all the neck, and move the head ontop of the towers
2) for the big dragonhead, do you mean like infront the middle? or like middle middle? cuz i want it in the front middle of the model. just makin sure

Thanks a lot dude!! i am ssoo estatic! hehe

Level 11
@goolygot oh, well, it seemed like u were doing a good job dude, while u were making the model, but if u want to, i guess go ahead

To everyone:
Ya guys, I am really sorry, I have been inactive for about 2 weeks thanks to my parents. They would not let me onto the computer during the spring break, they wanted me to work on homework, research papers, etc. I was not allowed on AT ALL. Fortunately, the research paper is due tomorow, so I should be able to get on this weekend. I will work on a lot :/
Once again, sorry bout this, I will work to fix this. If anyone wnats to work on something, let me know

Level 11
@grygon welcome to the project grygon! your assistance is greatly appreciated! :D
I am going to add you to the list of group members right now

@everyone ok guys, school work is taking so much of my time right now. AP Exams are coming up soon, along with SAT, and since I wanna do well on them I need to focus on them for the next weeks. So, basically, I will not be able to work on the project directly (editing the map, adding stuff to the map, etc)
However, if you guys would like to do something specific, or would like me to tell you to do something, PLEASE let me know. All I need to do for this is upload the map to Pastebin, give you the Pastebin link, and you can be on your way. PLEASE let me know if you wanna do something. Just leave a message on here or send me a private message.
As said before, I will not do anything directly to the map for a few weeks, but I will log onto thehiveworkshop every so often (maybe 2-3 times a week) to see if anyone wants to do something. Thanks for everyones helps and commitment to the group, it is very much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.