• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for a partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Several of you guys seem to really know what you are doing. My main problem is simply that of time constraints. With a wife, house, new puppy, career, etc...I just can't seem to find the time to get decent at WC3 map making (WC3 map making is sooooo much more time consuming than SC map making used to be). <kickdirt>

Anyway, I have a map that is close to finished (maybe 2/3rd complete). I still lack 4 areas: hero spells, quests, shop items, and creep spawns. I am working on shop items now. Creep spawns will be fairly easy. I was waiting to do creep spawns and quests till last so I would know what items and difficulty level were needed. So basically, I just really need help with spells.

The map is a hybrid dota/rpg. I just get tired of playing dota because I feel it is way too unbalanced so I thought it would be great if there were a way to make a similar map but a lot more balanced. I also want to do more than going city vs. city fighting (thus adding various quests outside the scope of PvP).

The map is composed of 4 cities (each city having 2 heroes/players). Each hero belongs to one of 6 classes and 4 professions.

I know what I want almost all of the spells to be (unless better/more appropriate ones are suggested). Several of them I have found from other ppl (yes I will give credit for anything I include) and simply need to plug into my map from their demo...but again I go back to the time factor.

Anyway, if anyone is up for this I would be greatly appreciative. Simply contact me at my email address listed below. I know that with time I can get this done without a partner...but WOW may be out by then...<loopygrin>

If no one is interested might you point me to like a starter section or something on how to code spells from the beginning. Most of what is suggested on this forum that I have reviewed seems like I am missing a beginning step or something.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Sortarius
[email protected]

Level 3
I'm quite free until after the first week of September..... do you need help with triggering your skills or w/e? I can help with Hero skills, perhaps... I'm an amatuer triggerist though... anyhow, if you want, I can try to help you.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Spells&ID=342

That's my first ever triggered spell, called Frozen Field. That might give you an idea of what I can or cannot do for you. :wink:

Level 3
i was almost applying to meet you.
are you still looking for a partner :p
edited: o you dont you have a wife, why are you playing with my feelings :( :)

Level 3
haha... btw... I tried using a trigger to give a Hero Ability to a Hero.... it only gave the first level of the ability, and didn't allow me to put more Hero Points into the ability... gonna do more testing soon.

Level 2
Raven,

So basically, there is no way to offer a hero say 7 spells and make them choose from 4 (allowing them to upgrade to lvl 3 on the chosen spells)? The closest thing i have seen like this was a spellbook system (I think you made, might have been Vexorian (sp?)) that offered multiple spells but the problem there is I do not want the hero to have all 7 spells but to choose between those offered so each hero is unique.

Level 3
I could help but i have exams very soon and i cant do it then, then i am going away for the holidays to a place without technology, but i can help after im not so busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.