• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Loading Screen Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey. I'm wondering: does anyone know how to make the game press any key for the players when they finish loading? For example, when you finish loading the map, the message "Press any key" appears. I don't like that. I've seen other maps do this, so it's possible.

Thanks for any help.

Level 6
I guess ist like this:
If there is a loadingscreen text, the "Press any Key" will come up, if there is no loading screen Text or the text is written onto the loadingscreen with photoshop, you won't need to "press any key".

Level 5
It dosent matter. When all players have loaded the map finish, the map will automatly start

I don't think that's true... I already tested it. When the loading screen appears, I once waited for about maybe 1 min, for all players to load. Then, I press a key. Then the game starts. So I think all players have to press a key for the game to start. And also, another example: play a game, in single player mode. If there's only you, then why doesnt the game start when you finish to load?

And yes, N8-11_GER, if it's possible, I'd like to take a look in your map.

.KC

.KC

Level 8
I don't think that's true... I already tested it. When the loading screen appears, I once waited for about maybe 1 min, for all players to load. Then, I press a key. Then the game starts. So I think all players have to press a key for the game to start..

Maybe I dosent automatly start in LAN, but when you play over BNET its start the map automatly. Imagien if some stupid asshole want to ruin the game for everyone else and dont press any key, then the game wont start.

And also, another example: play a game, in single player mode. If there's only you, then why doesnt the game start when you finish to load?

I have never played a singleplayer game where there is other players than me lol. Anyway yes its true that the game dosent start in singleplayer, and there is a logic reason for that.

Level 4
Maybe I dosent automatly start in LAN, but when you play over BNET its start the map automatly. Imagien if some stupid asshole want to ruin the game for everyone else and dont press any key, then the game wont start.

I have never played a singleplayer game where there is other players than me lol. Anyway yes its true that the game dosent start in singleplayer, and there is a logic reason for that.

It doesnt start in battle.net neither, I have tested it many times. It starts when the key is pressed.

" Imagien if some stupid asshole want to ruin the game for everyone else and dont press any key, then the game wont start." Thats not possible cause it will automatically press the button after while.

Status
Not open for further replies.