• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Loading Screen (comes out black/dark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, im having trouble with putting a custom loading screen into my map.
I've read 2 tutorials on how to do it, and all it does is show a black screen. I will attach the map so you can see what i have done. I've gone over the tutorials about 4 times each, changing the sizes of the pictures, just to see if that would work and it doesn't. Can someone please tell me what is wrong?
(I havn't done any terrain or anything so it looks like crap right now) ;p
I use IrfanView to resize the picture to 512x512.

Attachments

• Overdrive Defense.w3x
    921.4 KB · Views: 57

kj_

kj_

Level 5
I think I can help you with this
I made a custom loading screen for a map
I used Photo Able Rezizer to make it 512x512 and make it into .TGA
Then you load image with Wc3_Image_Extractor_II
And save as .blp and import it with Import manager
And make it your loading screen
If you are having trouble with image being upside down just go into paint and rotate it upside down and save it , it should appear to be right when you load it with Wc3_Image_Extractor_II :)

Level 8
I did use the Warcraft image extractor the first time i tried and it didnt work (Black screen), then i used Warcraft Viewer, and it still doesnt work. I converted the picture to .blp, its 512x512, imported the loadingscreen.mdx file, changed my picture to "FullScreen.blp".
One thing i forgot to mention is if i use the default loading screen (where it shows everyones loading bars) my loading screen appears in the top left corner. I dont know if thats just taken off the minimap display or whatever, because i have the same minimap display as the loading screen.

Level 12
Hmm, do you have LoadingScreen.mdx? I'll upload it here in a second for you. You need to change that to your loading screen under settings, and then have LoadingScreen.blp imported.

EDIT: Uploaded.

EDIT2: I just realized you said you have it, so ignore my message above. Name the loading screen thing LoadingScreen.mdx and set it as custom loading screen under one of the settings tabs [can't remember which and can't check WE is being buggy for me]

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 127
Level 8
Ive done everything with the custom loading screen, named it loadingscreen.mdx... put it as the custom screen... but it still looks black.
And Eccho, im not sure how to use 4 parts like that

Level 23
basically the thing you need to do is... find your loading screen image and open it in PhotoShop or anything like it. Then cut the image to 4 pieces.

The top-left and top-right should be saved with the size 256x256
the bot-left and bot-right should be saved with the size 256x128

when this is done save the image to .tga format, and then use wc3 image extractor or something like it to convert it to blp.

Next step would be to follow the link which I mentioned before, so that you overwrite the correct path when importing the pieces.

Level 9
Simple...download War3 Model Editor - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site (if you havent yet)...then find the image your using...ill be using this(Save your image also)
sumo.jpg
....once you have your image, open up the magos model editor and go to Extras--->Loading screen creator....then you'll see a page, and their will be a thing that has 3 dots in it, and the left of that says "SomeTexture.blp" click the dots, and browse for your image..then click generate, and save it...then click on, and go to File--->Save As(NOTE....keep the loadingscreen. part but change the .mdl to .mdx and click save...now open up your wc3 editor...go to import file, and find the .blp of the rezied image, and find the .mdx which is the loading screen....rename the .blp path and delete the war3imported/.....then go to scenario, and click Map Loading Screen--->click use imported file. and click loadingscreen.mdx....then whala!!!

Level 8
Well i decided to do pyropk95's method first because it seemed easier, and it worked :D
Thanks to all of you :p Now how do i give rep? o.0

EDIT: Ha nevermind, Found it. +Rep for all you guys.

Last edited:
Level 2
Easiest thing to do use magos model editor do the loading screen creator then go to extras and choose loading screen creator next browse for the image u want... then generate it to a 512X512 after u finish the generating part browse for that image again only choose the one that is generated!!!
Next save onto ur desktop as it is
then use MDLX convertor and convert so it is in both mdl and mdx....
now go to WE import files thing...
Now heres what u import!!! the 2 loading screen as MDL and MDX then import the generated picture
after u have all 3 imported
edit the custom path for all 3 so it doesnt show WarcraftII =imported files or similar to that!!! now use ur custom imported screen
click the MDL one and see if that works if it doesnt then use the MDX it depends on my ocmputer sometimes so it could to yours too but i always go with the MDL files first... if that does not work then give me the Image that you would like and ill import the loading screen for you... HAVE FUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.