• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

levitate unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hi, im trying to make a force choke spell which would cause the unit to levitate in the air while they were choking but i cant get it to work. the damage is done but the unit wont levitate can anyone help?

Code:
force choke
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Force Choke (Jedi)
    Actions
        Set TempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add choke entangle  to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of choke entangle  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Force Choke (Jedi) for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots TempUnit
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Crow Form to TempUnit
        Animation - Change TempUnit flying height to 80.00 at 0.50
        Wait 4.00 seconds
        Animation - Change TempUnit flying height to 0.00 at 0.50
        Unit - Remove Crow Form from TempUnit
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

p.s. ive noticed that people can make an image of their trigger appear. how do they do that? do i need to take a screenshot?

Last edited:
Level 28
For making a trigger-picture, just use the
  • tags around it.
  • For you levitating problem, you forgot to remove the crowform ability. Next, use wayyyy higher units. Normal flying units have around 300 - 400. And also be sure to increase the rate. It should work with
  • [TRIGGER]Actions
    • Animation - Change TempUnit flying height to 400 at 100
so the unit will levitate to 400 during 4 seconds

Level 10
ok so now i have a new problem. ive figured out that i cant change the flying height since the unit get entangled. so i did this used two abilities which would be life drain and storm both to do the stunning and deal damage over time. the only problem is that now the unit doesnt get stunned. here's the trigger can anyone help?

• force choke Copy 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Force Choke (Jedi)
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of TempUnit)
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to TempUnit
      • Animation - Change TempUnit flying height to 80.00 at 40.00
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add fc stun to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt TempUnit
      • Unit - Add fc life drain to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of fc life drain for (Last created unit) to (Level of Force Choke (Jedi) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Life Drain TempUnit
      • Unit - Add a 7.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change TempUnit flying height to 0.00 at 40.00
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from TempUnit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
EDIT: nevermind i was able to fix it by just pausing and unpausing the unit instead of stunning it

Level 12
Casting backswing and casting time.
When you order one unit to do 2 things the first order if still valid is overwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.