• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Levels of Requirements for upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It seems the game doesn't register more levels of upgrades to check for requirements than the basic one.
If I set for example second level of an upgrade to require 2nd level of another upgrade and the first to 1, the second level will still be avilable after meating the conditions to research the first level.

Is this just a bug that needs to be fixed from a blizzard part or I am doing something wrong?

Level 9
Yes this is a known bug since reforged.

The only way that you can use multiple upgrade levels with requirements correctly, is to not fill any integers in the Requirements - Levels integers field. (like melee upgrades such as 'Iron Plating')
When not filling in an integer, the Required Level will default to 1.

In my map, I have circumvented this bug by creating different upgrades for each upgrade level. On map init, all upgrades except base level are disabled. When a player completes research on the previous upgrade level, a trigger enables the next upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.