• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Keeping the loot table after respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys!

I have a little problem with making my ORPG. I have fixed so that the enemy units respawn alright, but they only have a chance to drop loot on the first kill. So after they have respawned for the first time they will never drop loot.

How do I fix so that the units keep their loot tables after respawn? I guess this is pretty simple but not for me :p

Level 16
We will need to see your respawn system, if it respawns a unit, it might keep it, but i'm assuming that you are creating a unit of the same type, meaning it will never have it..

Level 7
We will need to see your respawn system, if it respawns a unit, it might keep it, but i'm assuming that you are creating a unit of the same type, meaning it will never have it..

Your assumption is correct. I thougth that the only way to make a respawn system is by creating a new unit of the same type. Do I have to find a new respawn system or can I fix it in some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.