• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

just some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
how do i make it such that a unit will gain another ability when casting one or attacking another units? (e.g. gain cleaving attack when starts an ability)(e.g. gain critical strike when attacking a unit with specific buff) also, the icons wont be shown.

secondly, how do i set the timed life of buffs(summoned unit/normal buff)? (e.g. Skeleton Warrior summoned lasts (5 + Int x 0.4) seconds) (e.g. Roar buff lasts (Int x 0.15) seconds)

Level 6
To make a unit gain an ability when casting one or attacking is simple, use the GUI actions:
-Unit - Add ability and Unit - Remove ability or Player - Enable/Disable Ability.
But, I think that u are having problem to make the icons don't show, I really don't know how to do it! :roll:

Well, to modify the duration of a buff per trigger, I think that have not how to do it, but, I have another way that may be what you are looking for:
:idea: Create a trigger for when a unit casts an ability, and then, wait (5+ int x0.4) and remove the buff from the unit.

Level 10
Leopard said:
Thanatos said:
But, I think that u are having problem to make the icons don't show, I really don't know how to do it! :roll:

Use Spell Book ability. To do this create custom ability based on spell book, add that Critical Strike to that spell book.

Now to activate/deactivate the ability, you just add/remove that spell book ability.

so i just remove the icon of the spellbook ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.