• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jon's Journey - Chapter Based Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guy's i got bored and decided to start working on a map. I spent a few hours on this one. Even though there is only 10-15 minutes of game play. May bey even 5 if you want to whiz through it. I haven't finished it completely but im thinking of having more chapters. I'm not sure though, if anyone remotely likes chapter one ill make a long story line.

Now i was bored, but now im excited and can't wait to release bigger, larger chapters.

>>DOWNLOAD CHAPTER ONE<<

The maps unprotected so feel free to edit but be sure to give credit.

UPDATE: Story Line

Prelude - Cinematic ( 10 minutes in length )
Chapter 01: Chapter 1 takes place as Jon is fleeing his homeland after being charged with doing magic. Which is totally wrong of course. But who would believe Jon? Jon is fleeing to the fishing town of Freeport, where hopefully he can find passage to another land.

Chapter 02:
( I've got a perfect plan in my head, just don't want to spoil it for you )

Here's some Lore.

Magic is outlawed in the Jon's homeland. His homelands name = ??? .

Freeport.
Freeport has no guards and no walls because the town was built for escape. No questions are asked at Freeport. Its the place where people run when everything they know has failed them. Original the Freeport ideal was great, but soon bandits have taken to raiding merchants and travelers that wander the path. Infact the king himself has rather abandoned Freeport, upon his decision not to upgrade the towns road throughout the forest of nod. Or cleaning out the bandits. But nevertheless Freeport is a vibrant town, with people sailing across the great sea or escaping what they know.

Jarken Bandits
A few bandits have taken the forest of nod and corrupted it into their own haven. Exploiting Freeport's ideals the bandits roam free.
The bandits run their band like an army, having ranks.
Jarvic = 1 week in the band ( Gets a 1/10 share in bounty )
Jarvin = 6 months in the band ( Gets a 2/10 share in bounty)
Jiken = 1 year in the band ( gets a 4/10 share in bounty )
Jorken = 2 years in the band ( get a 6/10 share in bounty)
Jintor = Leader of the band ( gets a 9/10 share in bounty)
Most bandits don't last longer then the Jiken stage, either killing each other or getting bored with easy pickings and fighting town guards.

* Map name: Jon's Journey
* Creator: Lord.Havoc
* Stage: Alpha Testing
* Summary: 1 player RPG
* Map features: 3rd person camera
* Miscellaneous Info (credits?) Hellscream Model created by Ders

Attachments

• wowmap.jpg
    wowmap.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Level 18
Ok, I gave you the benefit of testing this very poor map, if you actually thought it out much more, and developed some sort of storyline more than "A Banished Swordsman" and if you did more terrain than a few trees along a pathway, with the whole map completly flat, this couls possibly be interesting, but until then all you get is what you see in his post

Level 2
Well i originally felt like making something with a 3rd person view. At least one person seems interested so I'll start writing up a story line. Some of the English in there is horrible and i know the map is small.

The next map will be at least 128x128. And I'm going to customize the hero with a custom voice set. I'll edit my first update with plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.