• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Jass Newgen Pack Crashes - Object Merger (or Grimext?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,
I have started to experience my JNGP crashing recently, when I press any option (didnt fully checked hovewer) related to Grimext (or Object Merger?) like "Merge Object Editor Files" and etc.
But a month ago (or a bit more, hard to say) I successfully did such a things before. Is it related to Windows 10 updates (like some update killed Grimext, I dunno) or other system programs? Is there a way to track and fix such an issue?

Running OS: Windows 10

Level 3
What is your wc3 version (open wc3 and check the number in the bottom right) and what is your JassNewGenPack version?

Windows 10 causes some issues with grimext, but most likely you're on a later wc3 that switched to use CASC storage (instead of mpq). So it might be trying to look up the wc3 mpq files and is failing.
There is a thing, that I've a different versions of WC3 Client, but I suppose JNGP is using 1.26 (but I can be mistaken). I think I'm using JNGP 1.5e, maybe the real issue that i've installed installed the latest patch and it've somehow messed up my registry, who knows...

Level 3
can you post the crash log? if there is one?
Crash.png
Also uploaded data from Windows log as zip-file

Attachments

• Crash.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.