• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Items wont leave (disappear)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite essential in my map for a tome to have the attached model.
However when the tome is spent the model does not leave! I've added death and decay animations to it and it still does nothing! I need the thing to disappear when it has been destroyed or used. I have left the map running for 15 minutes to see if it was just time that was needed, but the used items are still there after 15 minutes!
Attached is the model and the texture it uses.

Attachments

• Bookvar2.mdx
    2.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DungeonDoodadvar2.blp
    109.8 KB · Views: 56
Level 3
Make a dummy ability on the item that does nothing rather than having a charge, make a trigger so that when the unit casts the ability to remove the item, this way the item is still clickable before being removed, this should remove the attacments from the unit.

There may be other alternatives, but this is the only one off the top of my head for now.

Normal tomes don't disappear either. They only get rescaled to 5% of their original scale (and you'll notice some flickering pixels upon using a tome if you look closely). Try a trigger that, whenever a unit acquires an item that's a tome, you remove the item?

He is right, that sucks, I once played Hero .. blah where you need to buy 1000 tomes, and after a while it lagged, not because of monsters, but because of tome effects. Well to avoid this make your item non autouseable, and remove it as elendai said.

Hmm, That just gave me an idea.
I will make it so the tome is not on auto use on pickup, then I will have triggers that make it automatically used.
Will post back how it works.
Hopefully since it's in inventory it wont have anything to display.

EDIT

Worked perfectly. But if you do not have inventory it doesn't work so great.
In my map however I disabled attacking items and tomes are the only items you can get anyway so no problems there.

Status
Not open for further replies.