• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Item Variables and Replacing Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My map uses a weapons system that replaces the unit with a new one to get the effects of different weapons. I need to track whatever weapon is currently being used with a variable. The problem is, the variable never seems to set itself. Here are my triggers:

• Tactical 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to |cffcccccc.45 Tactical|r
      • (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item being manipulated) to ((Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) + 1)
      • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Marine [|cff00ff00.45 Tactical|r] (.45 Tactical) using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Set myGun[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (Item being manipulated)
      • Sound - Play RELOAD <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Selection - Add (Last replaced unit) to selection for (Owner of (Last replaced unit))
The rest are just c&p's.

Level 6
Maybe youre using an item with only 1 charge. if so, it will dissapear before you can ad a charge. and therefore the variable cannot add it, since theres no item left.

also, you set the variable after replacing the unit. does items follow to the new unit when you use "replace" actions?

Level 8
None of the items I am using here have only one charge. and they do not disappear when their charges are used up. And yes, the items appear to follow the unit, although I don't know if they are just items that have been re added to the unit.

Level 6
Strange. Anyway. This one sets the itemvariable to my item if the charges are 2 or higher.

• itemset
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Healing Wards
      • (Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item being manipulated) to ((Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) + 1)
      • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Paladin using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Set TheItem = (Item being manipulated)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Item name: + (Name of TheItem))
therefore, it does not work if you only have 1 charge.

Level 8
Well, we seem to have a new development. The variable apparently sets itself now, but whenever I run this trigger:
  • Drop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to myGun[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Marine [|cffff0000Unarmed|r] (No Weapon) using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Set myGun[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = No item
      • Selection - Add (Last replaced unit) to selection for (Owner of (Last replaced unit))
WC3 crashes. No error message or anything, just freezes for a second and closes. WTF?

Level 6
why this event? "loses an item" is only triggered when dropping an item or the charges run out, right?

anyway. again, if there is 1 charge left and you use it then you it dissapears and you cant refer to it. maybe thats why it crashes...

Status
Not open for further replies.