• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item Techtree Requirements not Working {for neutral shops}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hey all, I'm attempting to create items that cannot be bought by the Death Knight in Against the Darkness. I previously have relied on triggers to remove the item when bought from the knight, but this depletes the item reserves in the shop.

So I decided to try to make the items require a dummy unit that the person who is Death Knight would not have. However the items can still be bought without the required unit.

How can I make item techtree requirements work properly, how they do with player shops in normal wc3. I am working with a passive shop.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
In normal WC3 they work for whoever owns the shop. Basically, if the owner of the shop has the requirements the items is buyable. Not whoever trys to buy the item, but the owner of the shop decides which items can be purchasable.

I have heard that you can replensih items via triggers, I can advise you give it a try (adjust the ammount of item in stock via triggers).

Level 18
I already have a similar system guys, which I mentioned in the first post.

At the moment there are items that the Death Knight cannot buy, and the DK knows this because he can only buy items from neutral shops that say "DK Approved". The item is NOT refunded and is removed.

I don't like the idea of making items unkillable because that takes away a part of the game if a unit drops an item to acquire another you can snipe and kill the one they dropped. I don't like refunding the knight because then he'll keep depleting the item stock.

There has to be a way to make items follow a Techtree requirement the way that they do in normal WC3 play. Even if I could make it happen with player owned shops I could get around this by making the shops invisible and making the hero automatically select the shop as it comes in range of or selects the dummy shop.

But I need to find the way to make items obey techtree requirements :\

Level 10
Hey not sure if you need help here, but I've been trying to get the requirements to work for a neutral shop and I found some things out...

1. In normal WC3 they work for whoever owns the shop. Basically, if the owner of the shop has the requirements the items is buyable. Not whoever trys to buy the item, but the owner of the shop decides which items can be purchasable. (Dr Super Good) That is entirely correct.

2. Item requirements do not work for any items in the "Items Sold" field in the object editor, you must place them in the "Items Made" field instead

3. I'm fairly certain the shop must also have the "Shop Sharing" ability

Basically, in order to get this to work, use your copy + paste idea of the Arcane Vault, make sure it has shop sharing, set up the requirements on your items, place them in the "Items Made" field, and make this shop on map owned by the death knight. This should work, not 100% sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.