• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

item abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Speaking of items, has anyone played the map "battletanks"? I can upload it if you want, but I was wondering how you can get items/anything to fire at multiple objects or fire mutiple shots at the same target. I understand that attacking items can fire at random enemies while the unit walks etc, how can you do that. I understand that Bob does terrain/triggers, but anyone good with items please suggest. thanks :)

Level 5
The system used in Battle Tanks looks somewhat like this:

First of all, your hero(es). Disable both attacks and turn Can flee off for your hero(es). If you don't, your hero(es) will just run away after attacking an enemy (belive me, I tried this).

I don't think it matters what item you choose to modify, just as long as it has your weapon ability. The abilities used in Battle Tanks are all based on Phoenix Fire, and I suggest you use it aswell. But as far as I know, this will only allow you to fire at single targets. If you want to make a multishot ability, you should take a look at this.

Good luck!

Level 12
My suggestion is to use triggers so that "when unit has [item] execute
  • " and then have that other trigger do whatever it is you need them to do.[/color]

Level 12
Aye, Phoenix Fire is another viable option if you wish to tangle with it for awhile. Really there are multiple ways of accomplishing the same thing, it just boils down to what you are comfortable with and how much time you wish to spend on it as well as the amount of lag it could generate. Basically you need to create it in order to test it to see if it is truely what you wish.

Level 12
Phoenix Fire also creates lag, it just boils down to how you make both of them and how much of them.

Level 5
b/c i prefer the object editor over the trigger editor anyday i'll go with pheonix fire. Thanks guys :)
I only want this one for a unit to keep doing what it does (harvest lumber) but attack nearby enemies. You guys have been most helpful, and, believe me, I'll be back for much more :D

Level 12
Feel free to stay and chat with us anyways in other places, take a look at my favourite forum, the wierd ideas forum. Glad to be of assisstance and I look forward to continuing to help.

Level 12
I have seen it lag, there are a lot of different causes. The main thing to keep in mind is a lot of ANYthing causes lag, as I said earlier it is all a balancing act.

Level 12
Well which version do you play tho? Also you have to keep in mind the other players and their stats. I know, for instance, that DD and I have awesome comps and connections but there are times when other people really lag us down. Also some BS games will have more in them than others, depending upon content, and some are more balanced out in terms of triggers.

Level 5
Can I get a copy of battleships, because my CD key is supposedly invalid :(
I can upload Battletanks 3.9 English for you, provided Ralle gives permission.

Level 12
You can both just put them on this thread as well as submitting them, then people can download them in both places. I would like to get my hands on the former as well, DD and I like playing BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.