• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is this PC good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
OK, this is definitely my new PC.

Intel Core i5 760
DDR3 4GB 1333MHz JR TS bulk
HDD WD 1TB
ATI Radeon 5570 GDDR3 1GB

Those are its primary specs. Is it good for newer games? How will it run Darksiders, Dead Rising 2, Crysis, Spiderman SD etc.?

Level 4
Well the Intel Core i5 Is Fantastic!
DDR3 4 GB is really good aswell, (BTW if you run XP it can only handle 3 GB RAM max).
HHD WD 1TB no problems, (RAID doesn't matter really).
ATI Radeon should do the job when running newer games.

My setup includes: Intel Core2 Duo 6400 @2.13Ghz - 3 GB RAM - 230 GB total HDD capacity (over 2 drives 132 GB | 100 GB split) - NVidia GeForce 9500 GT Silent.

With this I can run Crysis in Medium All Settings with Water and Physics on Extreme.
Darksiders, Dead Rising 2 and Spiderman SD i don't know but because Crysis is like a benchmark game now days, and my graphics card and processor can take the strain, I pretty sure that your setup with your Intel i5 (SWEET) and reasonable ATI Radeon 5570 1GB, I think you'll be able to play you games in at a rather comfortable graphics setting for modern games.

To me all that matters in a game when it comes to game graphics is if it can display with a healthy framerate (FPS) (I my oponion is 50 FPS + )

Yes should be able to play modern games on your setup.

Hope I helped. :D

~Armix8

Level 15
The HD5570 is a bit on the weak side for that processor, but it will do as long as you aren't looking to max any games other than Team Fortress 2, it's about as powerful as a 9600GT/HD4670 if that means anything.

And may I ask where you are buying this from?

Level 15
Vercas, what OS.

And shaders is the most important setting in Crysis for graphics, so you are hardly running it at "Very High" >.>

Here's a comparison:
Crysis_13a.jpg

Crysis_13b.jpg

Crysis_13c.jpg

Crysis_13d.jpg

Shaders Quality:

This setting has quite possibly the most major impact on both performance and image quality in Crysis, and the screenshot comparisons above demonstrate this quite clearly. It determines the overall quality of shaders used in the game, and Crysis is heavily dependent on shader effects for virtually every visual aspect. Note that this setting must be set to High or Very High for Anti-Aliasing or Edge AA to work in the game. The most significant impacts of this setting at each level below Very High are:

High: Detailed raised surfaces such as pebbles at the beach or those under trees in the forests are not as realistic due to removal of Parallax Mapping, and the number of lights affecting any object is reduced.

Medium: Disables HDR Lighting and removes ambient occlusion lighting; both changes significantly affect the general appearance of the game.

Low: Additionally, this level replaces the sky with a static background which is much less realistic, reduces texture filtering quality, changes the vegetation color so that it is doesn't blend as well, and even makes the HUD elements (e.g. your Health / Suit Energy indicators) more jagged.

Edit: Seems pics aren't showing up, just rightclick and view them directly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.