• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a way to add new attack types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Sadly warcraft only has slots for the existing ones.
However, you can make this with a damage detection system. You simply give units something you can use to know which kind of armor and damage they have. Ability maybe. This would also allow having multiple armor and attack types on same unit.

Sadly warcraft only has slots for the existing ones.
However, you can make this with a damage detection system. You simply give units something you can use to know which kind of armor and damage they have. Ability maybe. This would also allow having multiple armor and attack types on same unit.

Such thing be will too much for my map who hates lags, thanks for trying to help +rep

Resources

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Damage detection systems do increase the time taken to deal damage (as all that JASS is slow). This makes them a problem if you deal a lot of damage all the time.

For most maps you can safely use damage detection systems as long as you keep the code clean and simple.

Level 17
I want to add new attack types, magic(fire), magic(water), magic (earth) and magic (wind) - in addition to the existing seige/normal/pierce/hero/chaos/spell types, is this possible?

exist but anyway u dont choose that because we already told alot times about damage detection system usage and not the default wc3 attack/armor type :p

u can check my map, there also 5 element attack and defence and dont have any relationship with the normal armor and attack types

makeing with dds your own armor/attack type doesnt make it really slow since it is simple until u do it well

Status
Not open for further replies.