• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

IP of Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
If you've been having issues connecting to hive the past couple days like I have you may have tried putting in the actual IP of the site.
It's erry and kindof creepy but this is what coems up.

Hello my name is Jack and I will be your host for now.

and then you still have no way to access the hive. :p

Last edited:
Level 17
wow firelord, just WOW

Seriously. are you on something?

I know you can host more than one site on a server, but I wasn't expecting the thing that would come up to be THAT.

and there's still the issue of me getting timeout errors when I try to connect to the hive on a fairly regular basis. Any Idea what's going on there?

Level 36
1) The Hive is run on a single server (Ralle built his own server and runs the site from his home).

2) There is only one IP for all of the Hive, i'm pretty sure.

3) Chat and resources I think used to run on a second server, but since we're no longer renting any, I don't see why we'd still have the second one.

Level 15
A web server can host any number of sites, and they can all share a single IP address. The "Hello my name is Jack and I will be your host for now" page is just the default page that gets displayed when you go directly to the IP address.

Level 15
The timeout errors remain an unknown quantity at this time. Your best bet is to just reload the page if you see that occurring. The Hive is run from a home internet connection, so the connectivity reliability and routing, while good for a home connection, is not optimized for speed and reliability when compared with a commercial-grade connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.