• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I played 2 games on battle.net, on them both I got "Waiting for host..." screen and kick after playing a while. Is there any ways to avoid this?
Do I have to close internet browser (google chrome) while playing?
Im using a modem.
I havent countered this kind of problems before.

I really hope I can kill some noobs again as son as possible without being kicked. I was palying a melee game on bnet.

Or is it just bnet's own server?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do I have to close internet browser (google chrome) while playing?
Nope. I once played multiplayer sessions in both StarCraft II and WarCraft III simultaniously with IE open on this site's chatrooms and had no connection problems at all. Computers have very good multi-tasking capabilities now.

Im using a modem.
So are 99% of people who play. Unless you live in a city this is the only way you will be able to connect to the internet.

Are you trying to tell us you use dialup? If so then this is likly your problem and the only solution is to upgrade to a better internet connection. Just mentioning you use a modem does not imply this as ADSL connections also use a modem as well as some forms of LAN connections.

Level 6
Are you trying to tell us you use dialup? If so then this is likly your problem and the only solution is to upgrade to a better internet connection. Just mentioning you use a modem does not imply this as ADSL connections also use a modem as well as some forms of LAN connections.
Well, I will play some games to make this sure, but I quess it's time to get a better internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.