• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing Music / Voice Sound Clips in Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well I've been having all sorts of problems with the War3 Editor lately. xD My god. I have a .mp3 imported into my map, but the editor claims it is not a valid sound file o_O any help on this? Also, in various Naruto maps a sound clip will play of them saying the Justu name when it is cast in-game. Do you guys enjoy hearing those sound clips? Personally they give me a headache, but apparantly some players enjoy those. Should I add sound clips like that to my map? Thanks.

Can you attach the mp3? Maybe it has the wrong specs. I had that issue before but I think it was usually resolved just by reimporting it.

And personally, I don't like random sound clips. At least add a way to disable it. I once played the map "Imagica RPG" and it was incredibly annoying. Taz added a sound in the center of the map that looped, which just said "Power to the Horde". It just looped for the entire game.

It really depends though. If it adds an effect you want, it can be good. Kind of like in Super Smash Bros. when they say something as they attack. However, that is RNG-based, and they don't always say the same thing. I feel that if it repeats every time, then it can just get annoying. If it is short and sweet, though, it shouldn't be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.