• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing custom spells!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello people,
I'm new in this community,
and I need help.

I've been creating wc3 maps, for like 1½ year now,
and want to move to the next step, by using custom spells

I've used custom models for a year,
but spells have never really worked for me.
I do what the readme says, but it never works when I copy everything to my own map.

Please give me a tutorial on how to import custom spells easy and correctly :)

thanks !

Level 7
what do you do to import costum spell?

try to import GUI spells and not JASS couse ure new.

To import spell mostly u first need to copy dummies (Can be found in object editor "units") Then copy the Spell at object editor abilities and then copy the triggers related to that spell

Level 3
This is a more in depth response, but is the same as what chasin said :)

1. Open up world editor.
2. Click "file" on the top toolbar
3. Click Preferences

You'll open a mini box with lots of useful things! Click the tab that says General and check the box that says "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".

Once that's done, press Ok.

Now if you try importing the spell into your map, the variables should be set and done for you, but if it uses "Dummy" units, then you need to do a few other steps.

Open the map with the spell you want, go to the object editor, copy and paste the Ability you want to use into your own map. Yes it might take some time.

Once you do that, go back to the map with the spells and click on the "Units" tab in the object editor. Scroll down until you see pink text, copy all "Dummy" units that you see, also some may not be labeled as a dummy unit so make sure you look at the triggers that require units.

Once you finish copying all the dummy units, import the triggers to your map by copying and pasting it. The red circle will still appear, but now you have all the dummies. For every action that creates a unit, replace the missing unit with the dummies, Make sure it's in correct order, or the spell may not work.

Last of all, where it says Ability being cast equal to...

Change the spell ability to the spell you want to use.

Test it now, and it should work properly!

Have a go with this, i hope it helps :)

Level 1
This is a more in depth response, but is the same as what chasin said :)

1. Open up world editor.
2. Click "file" on the top toolbar
3. Click Preferences

You'll open a mini box with lots of useful things! Click the tab that says General and check the box that says "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data".

Once that's done, press Ok.

Now if you try importing the spell into your map, the variables should be set and done for you, but if it uses "Dummy" units, then you need to do a few other steps.

Open the map with the spell you want, go to the object editor, copy and paste the Ability you want to use into your own map. Yes it might take some time.

Once you do that, go back to the map with the spells and click on the "Units" tab in the object editor. Scroll down until you see pink text, copy all "Dummy" units that you see, also some may not be labeled as a dummy unit so make sure you look at the triggers that require units.

Once you finish copying all the dummy units, import the triggers to your map by copying and pasting it. The red circle will still appear, but now you have all the dummies. For every action that creates a unit, replace the missing unit with the dummies, Make sure it's in correct order, or the spell may not work.

Last of all, where it says Ability being cast equal to...

Change the spell ability to the spell you want to use.

Test it now, and it should work properly!

Have a go with this, i hope it helps :)

Can you add me on msn?
would be much more easy for me, to ask you step by step please

Level 3
Sorry, i don't have msn. But if you give me the spells you need imported, i would know exactly what you need to do, and i could post step by step.

Status
Not open for further replies.