• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Importing custom models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, not only would the quality of the 2 models be DRASTICALLY different, a plugin for 3ds max / blender / whatever has not been made yet, so it is impossible. Just be waitin'!

Level 19
I've seen alot of arguments about whether you can convert Warcraft 3 models, I don't know much but I have this link. And I also saw a demo of WC3 units but can't remember where, I'll link that when I find it again.

He had sc2mapster in the description and said u can learn how there, its mostly a plugin for 3ds max..

I have seen This

Edit : This
is "supposed to" work for wc3, idk.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Firstly this violates your SC2 terms of use so can not be done legally (blizzard might remove the mod at any time). You do not have blizzards permission to use WC3 models in SC2 thus you can not.

Secondly WC3 models use a completly different animation system over SC2. It is like comparing JPEG1 to JPEG2, they work completly differently thus a simple converter will be bug prone or produce poor quality animations.

Thirdly SC2 units use between 3 and 4 texture layers compared to WC3's 1. This will mean that the WC3 models will look hideously out of place since they will be flat and have no lumination when they should.

Forthly the geometry will look terriable compared to sc2 units due to them being low poly (SC2 on low = WC3 on high).

Finally the this all means that each model will almost entirly have to be remade with mostly new content and as such will take 1 person well over 10 hours each, good luck finding someone to do that.

I am afraid this thread will have to be closed due to our no game port policy this site keeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.