• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Import Folder (Maintaining File Path)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello, it's been a while since I've posted on The Hive and I'm very excited about a new project I'm working on. Unfortunately, I'm running into some difficulty due to the fact that Sharpcraft doesn't have Grimoire extension and NewGen doesn't seem to be working for me.

I need to import a folder and keep all subfolder structure. The reason for this is because I have about 1417 textures I need to import to my map and, if I use the import manager and manually change the file path for every single file, it would take me Days when factoring in lag/delay in world editor.

In addition I can't use an MPQ editor on my map because I have no way of editting the map imports file.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone is able to provide, if there is a tool I would be able to use or if I'm just going to have to take a hack approach to this.

Thank you.

Level 23
You can use WurstPack (Complete Pack). When you compile the map (even if you don't have WurstScript in your map), it will automatically import all files inside "imports" folder which should be located within the same folder as your w3x. Just open your map using WurstWE.exe and save the map. Then reopen the map (in any editor) and it should have all other files imported in the same path based on the folder structure. Wurst requires Java 8 though.

Level 8
You can use WurstPack (Complete Pack). When you compile the map (even if you don't have WurstScript in your map), it will automatically import all files inside "imports" folder which should be located within the same folder as your w3x. Just open your map using WurstWE.exe and save the map. Then reopen the map (in any editor) and it should have all other files imported in the same path based on the folder structure. Wurst requires Java 8 though.

Alright so, I'm getting the same issue with Wurst that I get with Newgen right now, which is that it only recognizes RoC and doesn't recognize TfT for some reason. I'm guessing this is because the new blizzard patch.

Is there any known fix for this?

EDIT:: After uninstalling, reinstalling and keeping a copy of Warcraft 3 that's downgraded in a seperate folder, with my editors and all my other work, I seem to be getting them all to work properly. Unfortunate that there's such a huge inconvenience with the new patches but this is just how it is I guess xD

But, with all that, solved :)

Last edited:
Level 8
I see. Well I'm still at 1.26 so I didn't know Wurst do not work on the latest patch. I just think there's nothing revolutionary yet (aside from map limit removal) in these new patches that will make me update it plus these patches are unstable that mostly break stuffs.

Yeah the only reason I bother to update is so I can get onto battle.net, everything from an editing and stability point of view is better on older versions, so I'll likely keep the older client for that overall. Everything works better that way it seems haha

Status
Not open for further replies.