• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Impale ability cast on point

Level 9
Hello, Ive a got strange problem that leads to dummy unit cast impale on unit, but not on point.

JASS:
set F = CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(c),dummy,GetUnitX(c),GetUnitY(c),GetUnitFacing(c))
call UnitApplyTimedLife(F,'BTLF',0.1)
call UnitAddAbility(F,'AUim')
call SetUnitAbilityLevel(F,'AUim',LVL)
//set F2 = CreateUnit(Player(0),sniper,x,y,0)
//call UnitApplyTimedLife(F,'BTLF',0.1)
//call PauseUnit(F2,true)
//call IssueTargetOrder(F,"impale",F2)
call IssuePointOrder(F,"impale",x,y)

As you can see, I tested abil with F2 unit, and it works fine. However, dummy does not cast impale on x y point

I should mark that I modified original impale, so ability has 2400 range cast and 2200 wave range with 4 seconds wave time.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
If we can't see what x and y are set to then how would we ever know what the problem is? For all I know those variables are set to some impossible out of range position like 999999, 999999. I realize you're shortening the code for our sake, but the more information the better.

Anyway, you should give Impale 99999 cast range, there's no reason to have it be anything less than global cast range. Also, your Dummy unit doesn't need to face the same angle as the caster. It can face any angle if you've set it up correctly.

How to create a proper Dummy unit:
1) Copy and paste the Locust.
2) Set Attacks Enabled = None, Model = None, Shadow = None, Movement Type = None, Speed Base = 0.
3) Optionally, you can change it's model to Vexorian's dummy model which has attachment points that can be useful for playing art effects.

Last edited: