• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Aeon of Strife] Ideas and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello. I need creative people to give a suggestions what to add to the map. The battle will take place on Ashenvale and The Barrens zones from World of Warcraft. As for classes perhaps we can use Azeroth Legends.

What I lack is creativity how to make the map not to long to play including itemization, hero abilities, and few useful systems.

For those that gives good ideas there will be rewards. However all will be discussed on Private Conversations due the Hiveworkshop rule policy.

I have 70% of terrain done. Here is my images:

zone1-png.313210

zone2-jpg.313211

zone3-jpg.313213

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey man. I think this map looks really good especially the terrain. But i think this question and thread is more suitable for the idea factory section. :D

Level 6
Well I post it on such a late hour I miss to check the idea factory section. I hope there are creative people to aid me on this.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Well in terms of suggestions on making it the game faster. Maybe add custom events where powerful minions spawn for both sides. Which are as powerful as heroes more or less. This will force them to fight come together to capitalize those minions for a good push.

Level 28
Some ideas from other AoS games:

Creep invasions that give both sides a chance to make money quickly. Or periodic fast-spawning creeps that slowly grow stronger to prevent early-game curbstomps by cutting off the dominating side from reinforcements (for an example, play a Nexus Wars map in SC2 with a zombie mod).

Rebuildable tower foundations that allow one side to maintain its advantage if a push is faltering.

Some way of destroying all spawns on the map if the map is starting to lag (available to all players or automatically triggered).

AI heroes (either selected from the roster or unavailable to players). Very important in the testing stage.

Some kind of commander role, where instead of attacking the enemy directly, the player controls the flow of units, taking units from one spawn and putting them in another, switching lane destinations, coordinating base defenses, support powers and attacks, etc.

Hostile spawns in the middle of a lane that can be converted to one side (reducing their spawn building to less than X health), either temporarily or until their allegiance is switched again.

Unit ability upgrades that ensure each side has unique abilities (for example, one side's basic melee spawn can be upgraded to use Ensnare and the other side to use Defend, etc.).

Last edited:
Level 6
I'd like to have and Campaign factor but I don't know what more to add. AI heroes is good when a player leaves the game AI will take control of the hero.

Level 6
Any ideas about the jungle? There should be camps with creeps. Killing them will give gold and rare items needed for crafting better items perhaps? As for Invasion Is it good idea to represent Reign of Chaos when infernal's falling from the sky and then maybe Archimonde being summoned as a boss?

So far these features will be added:

1. AI for single player testing + AI takes control on leavers

2. Smart AI creep behavior. If a hero ignores creeps and start attacking enemy hero AI creeps will attack that hero
(I need to be careful about this)

3. Channeling Casting Bar that shows duration for channeling spells.

I know its pretty basic, but that's why I have created this topic so I can get more feedback. Feel free to add something else. Observing different maps and copy cat them is not good because no one likes map clones

Level 6
I'm thinking about to mix game play with campaign. Perhaps similar to default war3 campaign "The Spirits of Ashenvale" however I need to choice a proper name and build a war story around the zones Ashenvale and The Barrens.

Status
Not open for further replies.