• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Idea for an altered melee - No Hero learnable abilities, heroes serve as generals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Once upon a time there was a little annoying boy running around and spamming stupid questions. Nowadays this boy has grown up and realized that there's no way to do something by himself. So he'll post his idea and ask for opinion FIRST.

To begin with, this will most likely never get to a done stage. Not without a help for AI and modeling /which is less important at this point/. Testers would also be appreciated.

My basic idea: just-another-altered melee, but with one difference - heroes now serve as generals with auras and no learnable abilities. Ofcourse, every hero will have an unique ability, e.g.: All orc units have battle drums aura, but TC has reincarnation while SH has voodoo spirits.

I already worked a bit on the first race, everything is in its beginning status, so many things will be changed. Anyway, now for the ideas.

RACES

Humans
First sure race is a chaos race, replacing the humans. Living creatures of theirs regenerate during night, no blight and other crap like that. As I said they would be humans replacement, so the building process would remain the same. As an outlook idea - dragons, serpents and demons /felorcs?/. More in the table attached. Race specific aura for the generals is still unknown, like the rest. Expensive units, strong attack, mid. defence.

Orcs
Light Elves, regenarating HP over the day, mid. defence, weak attack, cheap

Night Elves
A high-tech race, I have the cool idea of wisps to be something like the trucks in the beginning of Red Alert : D. Anyway, on the topic - mid. attack, strong defence, mid. cost of units. More spy units.

Undead Scourge
Dark elves, with strong. attack, strong defence, and maybe cheap, but to take time to build. Easy to destroy structures. No siege units, only 1 naval unit. Restrictions on them as I plan to make them the strongest in fight. However, everything will change.

HEROES

As I pointed, the heroes will no longer be heroes in the meaning we put in WC3. They would be more like BF generals with race-specific auras and hero-specific ability. Strong in fight, but I'm thinking for making them unrevivable. Maybe 1 hero during game restriction.

Also, another idea I have is hero points system. This would be when you kill an enemy hero or perform a special action /like a massacre ;P/

HERO POINTS

I see it as a good idea to replace the good old lumber system with hero points. Why? I'm bored of all this distribution of peons where to go and what to harvest. So, I have and idea for a new system, as I described it above. Across the battlefield there would be shops and merchs from where you can hire great warriors, or even a hero, so that the more you kill - the bigger chance for success you'll have. However, there should be a little balance, because the better player would always win this way. So what I'm thinking of is the hired a strong unit to be always visible for both teams and to have twice the points they cost as a bounty. It will definetely be fun to hire the best hero, but to know that it is always hunted - keeping it in your base should also not be an option as your base will them become visible.

Anyway, now I'll attach my very early ideas for the Chaos race - the buildings and units. If anyone has suggestions and ideas, different from "you suck", I demand them to be said! :D Will be thankful for it.

Last edited:
Level 8
Your idea is quite plausible, but there is one little "?"- effect: Let's imagine, your map will be created and finished with your current (main-) ideas, you will get bonus points for killing a hero, however every hero's death causes no revive, what will bring us to the situation that there is a part, whcih will become annyong. You fight until a high level and then you die by a misstake of you and a level 3 hero killed a level 7 hero for example.
The player of the level 7 hero would need to leave, because no more actions to perform.

Maybe one different solution is needed here.

Level 14
Your idea is quite plausible, but there is one little "?"- effect: Let's imagine, your map will be created and finished with your current (main-) ideas, you will get bonus points for killing a hero, however every hero's death causes no revive, what will bring us to the situation that there is a part, whcih will become annyong. You fight until a high level and then you die by a misstake of you and a level 3 hero killed a level 7 hero for example.
The player of the level 7 hero would need to leave, because no more actions to perform.

Maybe one different solution is needed here.

Reviving the hero by bringing it level down seems quite acceptable. To avoid situations in which high-level hero kills the rest heroes and brings them down to 1st level, it is a good idea to make the level down feature only when the hero is killed by a lower-leveled hero.

The XML file is my work file, not made for the public, but it doesn't hurt to put it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.