• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Icons, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I was wondering, since the World of Warcraft models are banned here in this website, what about the icons? I mean, can we import them even though there a part of the WOW resources? I was planning to import some icons from it and I have seen someone had posted them already. reply ASAP so I would know, thank you! :grin:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Uploading icons made by somebody else is stealing. World of Warcraft resources are also copyrighted. You are not allowed submit these resources to our database.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

This is basically wc3sear.ch with a new name and a new staff (for the most part). A lot of the old resources from wc3sear.ch can still be found in the database - albeit with some missing details like paths and the likes. Just go back to resources pre-2006 and everything is from wc3sear.ch.

Level 40
The Blizzard Entertainment profile on wc3search was made by darky to make sure credit was given where it was due, and wasn't actually an official Blizzard account.

That said, Blizzard released a number of WoW icons for public use (at least as far as modding went) hence their existence in the icons section (on top of the fact that they were from wc3s) so, unlike models, it shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.