• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Icon Request: Attack and Defend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Well, to put it simple:

I need 14 icons, 'Damage type' and 'Armor type'.
For 7 elements: Fire, Water, Nature, Earth, Light, Dark and Normal.

This is for a battlefield map I'm going to make in the coming vacation, at the same time I'll work on Ziggurat Takeover but next to this main project I really want to make this other project.
Basically where u build a building that spawns units, just one big of mass spawn wars. And elements are the main factor here.

It's up to you to decide how you make the attack buttons look like, as long as you can see what element it has. For the defend buttons I would like to see some sort of shield.

Rep and credits
will be given to the person who can make this wish come true.
If for some strange reason these have already been made, a link would be nice. I could not find it on Hive though.

Last edited:
Level 5
#2 I'm not talking about regular icons, I'm talking about the attack and defense icons, and they are different. (I will need them for both normal, and upgrade btw.)

You kinda lost me here, what do you speak of? ;P
The icons on the UI when you click on a unit?
Upgrade? is it now an upgrade? Like the upgrades in for example, the attack/defense upgrades in Human/Blacksmith?

Do you have any ideas of the looks for those or just a free mind working, does it need to be for an example a fire shield as defence and a fire sword as attack?
what details? :wink:

Level 17
You kinda lost me here, what do you speak of? ;P
The icons on the UI when you click on a unit?
Upgrade? is it now an upgrade? Like the upgrades in for example, the attack/defense upgrades in Human/Blacksmith?

Do you have any ideas of the looks for those or just a free mind working, does it need to be for an example a fire shield as defence and a fire sword as attack?
what details? :wink:

I was talking about the icons you get to show attack type and armor type next to damage and armor.
For example you have: Large, Divine and Medium armors. And Chaos, Magic, Pierce attacks. That's what I'm talking about. :p

They have a special border and are smaller then normal icons.

I don't mind the details, as long as you can see that it has a fire attack, or a water attack or a dark attack.
You could like you suggested use a flaming sword and shield for the fire element. As long as the other 'icons' for water, earth, nature, light, dark and normal have the same style. ^^

Level 17
Ohh!

Then just use a border'izer, that shrinks it, and use any icon you want!

I would, but my pc sucks, it wont use any tool. Everything bugs out on me, and because I do not longer have my old pc. I can't do anything.

(My vista is a very rare one indeed, it can't use any converters for TGA and BLP, they will always create corrupted images that are 0kb)

Level 5
I might do something for you, because we all got a clear picture on what you request now.
Maybe you just get something shrinked for you.

I can't do anything yet, let me know when you've got your request.
Meanwhile you haven't I might just do something for you if not somebody else do it.
But I can't give you it today since I have work to do. ;)

Ok, I just got the fire shield done. Im working on the sword right now.

FirePreview.jpg

Level 5
Ok, I just got the fire shield done. Im working on the sword right now.

FirePreview.jpg

I wish I could just keep on working on those to make em like an upgrade higher.
I love to increase, work, improve, copy, do samthings as other people, makes me more strong and creative towards a goal.
Like making these Icons.

But I wont touch your icons unless I'm allowed to make an upgraded version, like rank 1, rank 2 , rank 3 and so on you get it? :smile:

Level 5
Oh mate there is no need for that (A), I can work of the JPG or an SS, 'm really good at what I'm doing I promise (A) :)

Fire Shield.jpg

Level 3
Nice progress,the only thing missing is the Sword ICON.
I will try to make it,and i do not know when i will be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.