• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I would like the get help with a Rage System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im working on a map, and i need a warrior there, thats gonna work like the warrior in WoW. He doesnt got any mana/rage in begining and when he fight he get some if it. I know how to maximize the mana to 100, and how make he gains mana in fight, and how to lose mana out of fight. But the thing is, he looses mana ALWAYS. Ive tried several ways but not figured out how to do it. And i dont know how to make the mana-bar another color either :( so i need help with
*Only lose rage outside combat
*Make the mana-bar a different color.

Help is VERY appreciated :)

Level 21
no clue how to help you on the second thing, but on the first thing:

the new flying undeath unit , the Destroyer (upgrade of obsidian statue) already has the 'lose mana' ability. copy it.

then I would make a trigger:
events: unit is attacked
conditions: attacking unit type == (the rage unit)
actions:
set "damage" (it's a 'real' variable) = event response - damage taken
Unit - Set mana of (attacking unit) to ((mana of (attacking unit)) + damage)

if it's too overpowered, just make it damage/2 or damage/3 (or a non-attack based amount, which is always the same, that's an option too.)

ofcourse, in fight he'll still be losing mana (because I don't know how to disable the lose mana aility when fighting... but if you just make the gain mana strong enough, it won't be noticable.

about the mana bar, I've no idea, but I think it's a model at the interface somewhere in the MPQ... just edit the mana bar skin and import it in your map using the same paths as the mana bar in the mpq I guess...

Level 2
thx for the tip. the thing is, it didnt work :/ i dont know why, but i think it is the variable there is something wrong with..

Level 2
if u make an Integer Variable you cant make it "Event Response - Damage Taken". example:

Set "Varible" = "Value"
Set "Damage" = "Value" <-- you cannot choose "Event Response - Damage Taken" if "Damage" is a Integer Variable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.